Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Help me find space for crafting (picture post)

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:16 PM
  • 20 Replies

I posted a post yesterday about whether or not I was being selfish in wanting to Move the boys to one room & taking over a room to craft in & then said I'd post pics to get suggestions on a set up.....Well I never got the house up to Par for pictures today lol but I did find some old pics I had posted to CM for the cleaning games group!  So I look forward to hearing your suggestions!

Living Room:

Kitchen:

Dining area: This space has changed a tad since the pic...we now have a big deep freezer where the playpen & play kitchen were...we ran out of room for our meat!

Master:

Laundry room:

G's Room:

M's Room:

Playroom:

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bri2011
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Is there anything under ur bed already....if not get plastic storage containers that fit under ur bed to keep your supplies in. maybe u cld even stash a card table under there as well instead of using a crafting desk
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JessiMamma
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:31 PM

yup...its full of boxes & hubbys guns & weight lifting stuff =[

Quoting bri2011:

Is there anything under ur bed already....if not get plastic storage containers that fit under ur bed to keep your supplies in. maybe u cld even stash a card table under there as well instead of using a crafting desk

joshlor2
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Honestly, since they has a playroom, I don't see a problem with them sleeping in the same room for a while.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bri2011
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Hubbys stuff needs to scooochie over and make a lil room for your stuff too lol

Quoting JessiMamma:

Quoting bri2011:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JessiMamma
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:41 PM

My plan for that I guess would be to move G's hotwheels table into his playroom (where the table is now) Move M's Crib in G's room (where the hotwheels table is) & move the table from the playroom into M's room for crafting.   In order for the baby to fit in G's room I'd have to leave dresser/changing station in his current room but I can move his rocker into the playroom & set up a reading area with it & I can use that shelf (in front of M's window) for supplies...& I could maybe fit a very narrow book shelf where the rocker is now.........I just dont know if I'm sold on the idea quite yet lol

Quoting joshlor2:

Honestly, since they has a playroom, I don't see a problem with them sleeping in the same room for a while.

JessiMamma
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:46 PM

currently my stuff is scattered EVERYWHERE!  I have an Aldi sac hanging on my bedroom door full of fabric scraps, I have another Aldi sac hanging in the laundry room with my Painting supplies, My sewing machine is way up high in the laundry room (& its sooooo heavy & hard for me to get down) I have constrution paper, cardstock, glues, yarn, ribbon, etc Scattered a little bit everywhere....its in the kitchen, laundry room, playroom closet, & my bedroom closet I know!  ughh I really want to get 1 good spot set up to keep everything together & on hand when needed!

Quoting bri2011:

Quoting JessiMamma:

Quoting bri2011:

sugar_pie299
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:10 PM

I usualy just lay everything out on my living room floor when my baby is sleeping or out with grandparents.

bri2011
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:43 PM
:( how do you find anything when you need it?

Quoting JessiMamma:

currently my stuff is scattered EVERYWHERE!  I have an Aldi sac hanging on my bedroom door full of fabric scraps, I have another Aldi sac hanging in the laundry room with my Painting supplies, My sewing machine is way up high in the laundry room (& its sooooo heavy & hard for me to get down) I have constrution paper, cardstock, glues, yarn, ribbon, etc Scattered a little bit everywhere....its in the kitchen, laundry room, playroom closet, & my bedroom closet I know!  ughh I really want to get 1 good spot set up to keep everything together & on hand when needed!

Quoting bri2011:

Quoting JessiMamma:

Quoting bri2011:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaSulli2005
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think it's selfish to make them share :) unless you want to down size all the furniture in their rooms and put their toys in there so you can use the playroom, or bring dressers and what not from their rooms, put toys in their rooms then you have a craft room/changing room for the boys! 

P.S. My oldest is named Maddox, fantastic name :) 

P.S.S. How cool are you?! Your kids have a swing hanging in the living room!!

JessiMamma
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Hmmm sooooo I may have just had the best idea ever LOL well best idea about my crafting space!!!! 

I wonder how hubby would feel about me sorta taking over/sharing his little building out back! Its not huge I'd say its an 8x8 room but its certainly better than nothing!  He has a weight bench & tons of tools & other man stuff (he works construction) & its a ginormous mess right now...but maybe I can talk him into letting me clean it up & organize his stuff so mine will fit as well!

the only downfall to this idea is because its out of the house I obviously cant leave my small kids in the house (unless napping with the help of a baby monitor) & its very cold here right now & Hot in the summer....I guess I've have to invest in a space heater & set the playpen up for the baby & take the boys some fun toys & activites out there........Hmmmmmmm  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN