Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cheapest/Best place to buy??

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:05 PM
  • 8 Replies

Where do you all buy supplies? Instore & Online welcome....
I do live basicly in the middle of nowhere tho so all the craft stores (Joann, Hobby Lobby, & Michaels) are all an hour away =[

I use alot of acrylic paints & painting supplies, fabrics of all sorts, ribbons, buttons, quilting supples like thread & rotery cutters....well I use almost everything lol the only think I dont do that I want to learn soon is crochet & knitting!

oh...& I'm also on the market for a Cricut Expressions 2 & an Accuquilt Go baby!! so I'm really hoping I can find a good buy on those somewhere!!! 

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:18 PM

I get some of my fabric at the Walmart by my church, otherwise Joann's or fabric.com or hancockfabrics.com

For paper crafts I use Michaels.

Brieshon
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:32 PM

I buy from Michaels and JoAnn Fabrics (you can always get coupons to print from the computer or on their smartphone apps!) in person, as well as a couple of local stores. Online I buy from fabric.com or joann.com. You can get coupon codes from retailmenot.com, and fabric.com has free shipping for orders over $35. :)

MrsSexyCurtains
by Jasmine on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Lol I live in BFE too! I try to buy online when there's free shipping codes for joanns or Michaels. Right now there's a free shipping code when you spend $20 on Joann's website. I just met a cool chick from cafemom that lives an hour way so I'll make the trip once a week and we split everything cause it's cheaper that way :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
melliburger
by Melli on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:26 AM

It depends on what I need. There are some things, like bulk orders for beads, that I go on firemountaingems.com and order form there. If I can't find the yarn colors in store, I go online and try to get them there. I search for coupon codes or free shipping codes if I'm doing any online purchases. A simple google search and you can usually find at least one code to use!

MissElissa21
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:36 AM
I normally shop in the stores, but for fabric, I like fabric.com. The prices are great and they ship for free for over $35! They also have yarn and crochet/knitting supplies. I haven't looked for paint on there, but most places offer online ordering and sometimes there are coupons for free shipping.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JessiMamma
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Thanks Gals!!! =]
I'm gonna look up codes right now!!! 

SamKlug
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Hobby Lobby is the cheapest around here for me.  Yeah, it's 45 minutes away, but that's why I made sure to make my pain management visits in the same town.  Hehehehe.  Sometimes walmart has good sales around here too.  But that's really about it.  Went into my local craft store over by where I work and almost pooped myself when I saw their prices!  They are like triple what you would find anywhere else!  They wanted like $2.50 for a normal thing of DMC floss!  We won't go into the rest of the supplies!

sonnyswoman75
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:55 PM
I love Michaels!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)