Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi! Looking for Ideas of How to Make my Tiny Apt. Into a Cozy Nest...

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:55 PM
  • 8 Replies

After raising a large family, all my kids are grown and out on their own now, and I live in a tiny apt (which I LOVE).

Any ideas on things I can make to express myself and create a cozy nest feeling?

holding balloons

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mybratsmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:04 AM
Well, I think that depends on what you like. Me, I like soft cotton pillows, not those hard decorative ones. And rustic/country type stuff - so wood tables with a little distressing in natural colors. I'm into the new canvas photos, too. But maybe you like something different? Try decorating catalogs to get ideas - I'm sure we could help you figure out how to make whatever of we had a picture to go off of.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaFrankie
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:19 AM
Accent decor
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jryberg
by Jaime on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:13 AM

What ever makes you feel comfortable is the best thing to use to decorate! I love blankes and pillows on my couches (hubby hates the number of pilliows I use). 

Babymiamomma
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Oh the right lighting is something that changes a room for me!! Idk how long you have had your current furniture but even something as simple as changing out lamp shades ,maybe a textured large basket to store things in or ottoman ,adding some accent pillows etc can change a room! I also love having fragrant candles ... !!! Good luck & post pics once ya get everything nice & cozy!!!
sew4fun
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:51 PM

It really depends on what you like. For me I would add some decrative bookshelves ( there is a tutorial floating around google and pintrest on how to take two $15 shelves and add trim and paint to make a super cute bookshelf/display shelf) Soft ,fluffy pillows. Comfy throw blankets, pictures of things you like on the walls. Wreaths, little nicknacs. Just add your own touches. I would also add a pretty lamp or candles.

OldnWiseMom
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:55 PM

ALL Great Ideas, Ladies!  Thank you so much!

Will add a pic when I can!

Thanks again for your input!

djscinnabun
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:29 PM

My biggest challenge in the small apartment I had was how to handle the wall space - too little had it seeming bare, too much and it could quickly seem overwhelming - I recommend very simple sleek window treatments and adding the more textured decor in pillows, throws, decorative tabletop type things, rugs, etc. if you have mirrors, hang them opposite from windows - they'll reflect the light and add warmth. And don't hang any pictures or paintings too much larger than 11x17 (again, really big things can overwhelm the wall space and make your apartment seem smaller) Good luck and enjoy your cozy new space!

RutterMama
by Tia on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Love your Avitar!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)