Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Need button help :)

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:24 AM
  • 16 Replies

Poll

Question: Which button combo should I use?

Options:

A. All Pink

B. Pink and Brown

C. All Brown

D. Multicolored

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 24

View Results

I'm finishing up a little owl sweater and could sure use some help deciding on the color combo for the button eyes.  Thanks for your help!

A.  All Pink buttons

B.  Brown and Pink

C.  All brown

D.  Multi colored

by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AriannasMommy84
Latest blog post!! http://sweetandsourreviews84.blogspot.com/2014/08/location-review-trinity-forest.html
Today at 9:46 PM
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:29 AM

i LIKE the multicolored...but I voted for the "all brown". It's easier to see the brown buttons.

<3 Crystal <3
Wife to Clay(2008),
Mommy to Arianna(2003),
Fur baby fettuccine(2009),
Isabella(2009),
& Madelyn(2011)
American by birth, USAF wife by the Grace of God

coast guardknittingteen girltoddler girlbaby girlcat

katy_kay08
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Thanks!  I'm leaning towards the all brown, but I do like the multi colored ones as well.   It seems more "fun".  

Quoting AriannasMommy84:

i LIKE the multicolored...but I voted for the "all brown". It's easier to see the brown buttons.

jryberg
by Jaime on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:40 AM

I voted for mulit-colored because if it were for my duather she would want them colorful not just brown. But I would leave out the pink ones, you cant really see them! 

AidanCamsMom
by Amanda on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:47 PM

I like the multicolored ones!

sew4fun
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:57 PM

I like multi colored but I would not keep them in pairs, I would mix them up a bit. Very nice project, its beautiful

katy_kay08
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Thanks for your votes ladies and your input.  I ended up putting the solid brown on but I do think I will make another one and plan on using the multicolored buttons for that one!

MissElissa21
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I love this! I picked brown and pink. I think all of one color make it look like you just have a row of buttons rather than eyes on mulitple owls. I had a hard time seeing the owls behind the buttons of the all pink and all brown. JMO. I also like the multi colored eyes.

GoldenLinds
by Lindsay on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Actually I feel like the pink ones make it more clear the are owls but I know any miss is going to want colors. I like the multicolor but with the brown more centered.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
katy_kay08
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I think sewing them on helped the owls pop out a bit as it pushed the bottons into the work rather than just laying there on top.  I do like the alternating colors but I'm definitely happy with how this turned out; especially given the fact that I wasn't thrilled with the button selection when I went to pick them out at the store.  

katy_kay08
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I also finished the flowers for the hat I was working on yesterday

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)