Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's possible that I am in over my head!

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:59 AM
  • 16 Replies

I decided to try out some printable patterns tonight. I made a "Grab bag." It took me a lot of searching for the pattern, and finally I found it, but could not for the life of me tell you where I finally found it to link it. It's all over google and Pinterest, I am sure you could find it if you searched hard enough.

It was decently easy to make. Sort of cunfusing, and I don't like making the straps, but I will probably make some for my cousins for Christmas next year. They are a good scrap using project. It only took about an hour (including printing, assembling and all that).

Then, I started to wander other quick sewing projects and came across this dress pattern. It's a basic pattern that can be embelished with all kinds of things in the neckline. It's called a "Coffee Date Dress." I printed it, and assembled the large pattern, I have to cut it out, but I have to figure out which size I am. So, I am going to fold it up and come back to it when I have time to measure myself and determine size.

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mimisbracelets
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Hi Melissa~

That purse is really cute!  Do you sell any of your products?  I sell my bracelets on etsy.com.  It's so easy, you just post a photo or 3, type up a description, put a price on it and voila!  They make it so easy for you.  I tried ebay and didn't have any success, but perhaps the choice of bracelet wasn't good.  It's hard to know what consumers are looking for.  So if you decide to sell your purses, take a look at etsy.com.  Let me know if you already have purses for sale, I'd like to take a look at them.

good 

ZsMommy
by Heids on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:07 PM

What did you type in to Pinterest's search bar to find? I typed in "grab bag purse"...found one pic that matched but there was no link. I pin stuff for a friend of mine who's always looking for new sewing projects,especially fror scraps...

Or did you just find it via google? (my next place to look)

shell3m
by Platinum Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:11 PM

it looks cute!  :)

rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:48 PM

I found a link on allpeoplequilt.com but you have to register to veiw it. It looks like that is free though.

Quoting ZsMommy:

What did you type in to Pinterest's search bar to find? I typed in "grab bag purse"...found one pic that matched but there was no link. I pin stuff for a friend of mine who's always looking for new sewing projects,especially fror scraps...

ZsMommy
by Heids on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:58 PM

I'll copy the link and pm my friend with the info-see if she wants it. Appreciate it!

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

I found a link on allpeoplequilt.com but you have to register to veiw it. It looks like that is free though.

Quoting ZsMommy:

cmissamy
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 3:33 PM

My dh made me one like this and just took a plastic grocery bag cut off the end of it, and that is what he used for the pattern.

MissElissa21
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 3:57 PM
I have a store on storenvy, it's down for maintenence right now. Idk if I can sell these purses, I have to look at the licensing. I sell dinos and baby wraps, and crayon rolls. Pretty much anything I make too much of.

Quoting mimisbracelets:

Hi Melissa~

That purse is really cute!  Do you sell any of your products?  I sell my bracelets on etsy.com.  It's so easy, you just post a photo or 3, type up a description, put a price on it and voila!  They make it so easy for you.  I tried ebay and didn't have any success, but perhaps the choice of bracelet wasn't good.  It's hard to know what consumers are looking for.  So if you decide to sell your purses, take a look at etsy.com.  Let me know if you already have purses for sale, I'd like to take a look at them.

good 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MissElissa21
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 3:58 PM
I have a store on storenvy, it's down for maintenence right now. Idk if I can sell these purses, I have to look at the licensing. I sell dinos and baby wraps, and crayon rolls. Pretty much anything I make too much of.

Quoting mimisbracelets:

Hi Melissa~

good 

MissElissa21
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 3:59 PM
It took a lot of sesrching to find the pintable pattern, I'll send it to you when I get home from work

Quoting ZsMommy:

MissElissa21
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Thamks

Quoting shell3m:

it looks cute!  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)