Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Craptastic

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:00 AM
  • 10 Replies

I fell asleep last night before I could finish the bags and diapers I had started. I got Emma off to school this morning and went to finish it all up and broke a needle. No biggie, hubby bought me a bunch for Christmas (best stocking stuffer ever). I change it, get it all back together and going and the machine is not picking up the bobbin thread at all. I think my machine is officially done for. I looked in the manual and there was no helping it. I think it needs to be fixed by a pro, but I am not spending $80 to fix a $100 machine. I guess I am getting a new one when the taxes come in, but I don't want to wait that long, and I just ordered fabric 2 nights ago! This sucks! I am going to call my BFF and see if her machine is up and running since I planned on going over there for coffee and kid play time this morning anyway.

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ZsMommy
by Heids on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Aww

Sorry. Hopefully your friend can help ya out with machine time.

jmlmomma
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

try rethreading everything again. including the bobbin (take it out and put it back in) maybe this will work

perfect01
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:22 AM

It might be the size of the needle compared to the fabric.  If the needle is too small or too large it can miss picking up the bobbin thread (Just had that problem this morning myself).  Usually though if it is too small, it will slowly shred the thread from the top.  I was sewing on 2 layers of PUL this morning and until I turned the diaper over to have the fabric side of the PUL down toward the feeddogs it just wouldn't pick up the bobbin thread.  I have a Bernina, so it isn't just inexpensive machines that have problems with this.

TwinMomma122304
by Melanie on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Awww :(  I hope your friend can help.

I haven't been ambitious enough to even take my sewing machine out of the box!  But once I get the office/craft room organized and ready to go, that's the next on my learn-to-do list!!

sew4fun
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:30 PM

oh man I am sorry

supermeof3
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:39 PM

This! :)  Hope your machine isn't broken!!!

Quoting jmlmomma:

try rethreading everything again. including the bobbin (take it out and put it back in) maybe this will work

melliburger
by Melli on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:53 PM

awwww that's sucha  bummer :(

MissElissa21
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:33 PM
I tried. It looks like the arm that picks it up broke off. I got the one from my grandmothers house and it works perfectly

Quoting jmlmomma:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jridgill
by Jennifer on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:34 PM
That's sucks. I'm glad you were able to get one passes down. It's probably a work horse too!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RutterMama
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:01 PM

What a pain! I'm sorry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN