Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Got some Crafty ideas for Birthday parties?

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:44 PM
  • 10 Replies
My Daughters 2nd Bday is soon. Just doing some browsing in my head, So thought I'd ask.

Has anyone done anything creative for their babies party?? Share ideas and pix!

The only thing I did last year was using cupcake decorating sticks and stuck them on sandwiches. That's about it I think.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
XVAmomma
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Browse pinterest and you'll get tons. But tell us what theme? How many ppl? where do you plan on celebrating?

I coordinate activities for a living so let me know and I'll help you out. PM if you like.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JessiMamma
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:13 PM
2 moms liked this

The only crafty things I did for my sons 1st bday a month ago was this little "clothes line" of pictures I had taken of him over the first year....

& this "punch board". Instead of just giving the kiddos goodie bags they had to pick a hole & punch it...they were told they got what ever was inside...so some kids got some random things, like a rock, a hot glue stick, a shoe string, etc....but the ones who got silly things got to go again at the end until they got a goodie bag! it was fun!

ennui
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:40 PM

I always do better if I pick a theme and plan everything around that.  What are some of her favorite things?

RutterMama
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't do much for my daughter's last two birthdays, but I did make some decorations.

krystlbear_84
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:45 AM
2 moms liked this
I will post some of my crafty decorations tomorrow.
MinniesMama
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Thanks!
- I do have a theme in mind. Sorry for not mentioning. I'm thinking Strawberry Shortcake or a Fairy tale theme. But she love to play tea( that's what I really want to do) but most of her cousins are just as young and the older ones are mostly boys! Lol. So I figured to wait until 5 for that.
MinniesMama
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Sounds greatt!! I've heard a pinterest!

Quoting XVAmomma:

Browse pinterest and you'll get tons. But tell us what theme? How many ppl? where do you plan on celebrating?

I coordinate activities for a living so let me know and I'll help you out. PM if you like.

MinniesMama
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Looks funn!! And I love the clothes line! I'm stealinggg!!! Last year I completely forgot to put up pictures of her growth through the years!

Quoting JessiMamma:

The only crafty things I did for my sons 1st bday a month ago was this little "clothes line" of pictures I had taken of him over the first year....

& this "punch board". Instead of just giving the kiddos goodie bags they had to pick a hole & punch it...they were told they got what ever was inside...so some kids got some random things, like a rock, a hot glue stick, a shoe string, etc....but the ones who got silly things got to go again at the end until they got a goodie bag! it was fun!

sew4fun
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I do not have any pictures since my old computer is dead and all my pictures are on there. It is a tradition that the girls and I make some stuff for every party. I have done a prince/knight and princess party. We made capes, crowns, wands and swords ( out of fabric) in lue of party bags. We got gobblets and added stones and jewels to them. We set up a "royal banquet table" with paper goods and decorations for the kids. It was alot of fun. For games we had pin the tail on the dragon, rescue the princess ( was just a hide and seek game) and a pinata.

I have done full out tea parties too. We had two dress up trunks one for girls and one for boys. Let everyone dress up and have tea and finger foods.

XVAmomma
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:37 PM
I PM you some questions. Hit me back with the answers and we'll get to it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN