Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

How to finish what you start

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:31 PM
  • 16 Replies
I have a terrible time at finishing anything I start :-/ well in crocheting anyway everything else I'm pretty good about. But when it comes to a blanket or hat scarf mix unless someone is paying me for it I can never finish it :-/ I have a blanket up stairs a year in the making and jot even half way done!!! It's terrible!!!
And I also promised my FIL a blanket for Christmas 2 years ago and never even started in it!!!! :-(
So my question is how do you stay motivated enough to finish without wanting the start on something else :-/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melliburger
by Melli on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:35 PM

Are you on ravelry? It helps keep all your projects organized and it's enough motivation for me to not want them to be unfinished :)

shell3m
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:38 PM

sorry no help here....lol

in love     family in the van  expecting baby

Rob and Me with all of our kids..Dean, Jacob, Garrett, Ally, Zack, Jackson and one on the way.  I love my big family.

IansMommy2012
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:43 PM
On what? Lmao

Quoting melliburger:

Are you on ravelry? It helps keep all your projects organized and it's enough motivation for me to not want them to be unfinished :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melliburger
by Melli on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:45 PM

ravelry.com is a site for anyone who works with yarn. here's mine: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/kardecnelis

Quoting IansMommy2012:

On what? Lmao

Quoting melliburger:

IansMommy2012
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:45 PM
Ohhhhh okay I'll check it out!!!!

Quoting melliburger:

ravelry.com is a site for anyone who works with yarn. here's mine: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/kardecnelis

Quoting IansMommy2012:

On what? Lmao

Quoting melliburger:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rust.n.Gears
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Join Ravelry. I use it as a great motivation to knit and crochet. They have groups that you can get involved in with dead lines like the Harry Potter competition, Nerd Wars, Ravelimpics, etc. 

Anniea90
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Lists help. Cause I was putting projects up and forgetting about them. It also helps to not let yourself move on to something new until you either finish what you are working on or scrap it completely. 

RutterMama
by Tia on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Girl, I wish I could help!

IansMommy2012
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Well like my biggest problem is I have an 8 month old and he nurses all the time especially when he sees me doing something other than well nursing him haha!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Passion - if you love what you do you will want to work on it. Don't pressure yourself if you don't find the motivation for it - maybe your passion lies with another medium.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)