Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Need some help *UPDATE FINISHED!!!!!*

Posted by   + Show Post

I am starting a new crochet afghan and I am having issues. I am only on the third row and it isn't working out....not sure what I am doing wrong...this is getting frustrating

frustrated

02/24/13 Just finished this for my mom.

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:31 PM
Replies (11-20):
SouthTxPrincess
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:15 PM
When that happens to me I start over again. I can walk you through the first couple of rows if you want.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jamielynn0709
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:23 PM

here is what is suppose to look like....i ended up taking it out and starting it over from the begining, now I can't figure out the second row...

Quoting Brieshon:

Could you post a pic of how it's supposed to look and how yours looks after the 3rd row? Maybe it's something simple like a missed stitch somewhere?

jamielynn0709
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:25 PM

i did take the whole thing out and started over...now when I get to row two, it says to do a sc in the next trtr and a sc in next ch 1 space...do this 6 times, then do another sc in nect trtr and next dc.....that makes a total of 7, but I am only suppose to do the trtr stitch 6 times to make the shell on the previous row......

banging head into wall

Quoting SouthTxPrincess:

When that happens to me I start over again. I can walk you through the first couple of rows if you want.

warmcoffee
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:42 PM

I'm just wondering did you get this figured out????

jamielynn0709
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Lol, no.....I have taken it out twice and restated

Quoting warmcoffee:

I'm just wondering did you get this figured out????

SouthTxPrincess
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this
It's ok let me work it up and ill let you lnow, each row will be a little different for it to lay right. Imo the first couple of rows never look right until u get further into the pattern and it lays out better.

Quoting jamielynn0709:

i did take the whole thing out and started over...now when I get to row two, it says to do a sc in the next trtr and a sc in next ch 1 space...do this 6 times, then do another sc in nect trtr and next dc.....that makes a total of 7, but I am only suppose to do the trtr stitch 6 times to make the shell on the previous row......

banging head into wall

Quoting SouthTxPrincess:

jamielynn0709
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Thanks

Quoting SouthTxPrincess:

It's ok let me work it up and ill let you lnow, each row will be a little different for it to lay right. Imo the first couple of rows never look right until u get further into the pattern and it lays out better.

Quoting jamielynn0709:

banging head into wall

Quoting SouthTxPrincess:

SouthTxPrincess
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:45 PM
What size hook are you using and what kind of yarn? Mine is not looking anything like it is supposed to.
jamielynn0709
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:05 PM

it calls for H hook and medium(4) yarn....

Quoting SouthTxPrincess:

What size hook are you using and what kind of yarn? Mine is not looking anything like it is supposed to.

jamielynn0709
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:08 PM

in the pic it look like each shell/fan has only 5 trtr strands to it.....

Quoting SouthTxPrincess:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)