Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Project for babies born too soon and become angels

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:51 PM
  • 17 Replies
2 moms liked this

My Nephew was born in June 2012 just a few months after i had my daughter, he was born at 22 weeks gestation for unknown reasons, it was a completly healthy pregnancy until he was born. In the hospital shortly after he was born they were given a hat and gown to dress him in along with a blanket they had been knitted and the gown was sewn and they took photos to keep in his memory all the items had been handmade and were kept or cremated with him i am not sure. I thought it was so special people total strangers cared. I started crocheting in july or august 2012 learnt from youtube, Ive decided in Jasper's memory to make hats booties and blankets to donate them to hospitals in my town and around my area. Has anyone got any ideas of a name i can call my project, i know theres one similar in Australia called LAMB little angel memory boxes. But because im doing this project as a memory for Jasper i like his name to have something to do with the project but im not very good at coming up with names so far im just calling it Project angel but id like it to have a proper name :) any ideas?

Im currently making a matching blanket but here is one of the hats i have made so far :)  (lighting isnt very good)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:36 PM

What about Jasper's Angels?

Or Jasper's Wings?

shell3m
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:50 PM

those hats and blankets will make all the difference in the world to a hurting family.  I like the name Jasper's Wings by the way.  ((Hugs)) 

melliburger
by Melli on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:31 PM

((hugs))

I like Jasper's Wings

Such a sweet thing you're doing!

jrobertson20
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Love the idea but so sorry for your families loss. I like Jaspers Wings.

AriannasMommy84
by Crystal on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:47 PM

I like the name Jasper's wings as well.

<3 Crystal <3
Wife to Clay(2008),
Mommy to Arianna(2003),
Fur baby fettuccine(2009),
Isabella(2009),
& Madelyn(2011)
American by birth, USAF wife by the Grace of God

coast guardknittingteen girltoddler girlbaby girlcat

perfect01
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:48 PM
What a loving way to remember your baby angel nephew. I'm sure the families will find much comfort from this.
Kirstyttc
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:49 AM

I love Jaspers Wings :) thankyou

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

Or Jasper's Wings?

rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:53 AM

No problem...I actually thought of it first I just liked the way the other one sounded better to me anyways...I was using the fact that you were calling it project angel and both of those names makes the point...

Quoting Kirstyttc:

I love Jaspers Wings :) thankyou

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

Or Jasper's Wings?

americangirl29
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Jasper's Wings is a great name. When I was a teenager I did a service project for my church that included sewing little doll clothes and blankets for the preemie babies at our local hospital. Fast forward about 5 yrs and I gave birth to a 1lb 12oz baby boy who spent the only 2 months of his life in the NICU where we were the happy recipients of some little handmade doll clothes and blankets. It has been 14yrs since my little Jacob died but I still cherish those little blankets and gowns. It is a perfect way to remember your sweet nephew and bring a little happiness into the lives of others. God Bless You!

Artladydp
by Debby on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this

God bless you for your thoughtfulness to others.  People reaching out to others when they are hurting or grieving makes the biggest impact.  These gestures they remember all their lives.  Great idea.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN