Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

crochet pattern help

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:28 PM
  • 6 Replies

After the foundation chain if the patter does not say anything aboutch 2 for turning chain do you still chain two extra chains to turn or you just follow pattern exactly as it says, or is two extra chains a given..The pattern I am working on says chain 20(19) hdc then turn and hdc in each across chain two and turn work hdc across..

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Miranda1127
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:32 PM
For hdc I never ch more than 1 to turn. If you are hdc in the first st I would ch 1, it looks cleaner most if the time. If you are unsure do a row or two and see what you think. It could play out ok.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsJoe125
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:39 PM
You are to ch 20. The last 2 sts count as the first hdc in row 1.
When you have done a hdc in the third ch and in each st thru the end of the foundation ch sts, then you will have the equivalent to 19 hdc. (a hdc = 2ch)
LMK if you need more help; I've been crocheting for 22 yrs, including redesigning patterns and designing my own.
MrsJoe125
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:41 PM
PS: work the pattern exactly as it is written.
PSS: there's a crochet group you can check if u want.
sham09
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:13 PM

you have been crocheting as long as I have been trying..I think the problem isme lol..I have crochet some pretty things thenI can turn something simple to complicated..lol ok so in the pattern will it tell you if you need to crochet in the turning stitch and does that count as  for instance as a hdc or would it be hdc and ou just know thats a turning stitch.

T-Rentsmommy06
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:03 PM

This. However if it doesn't say to chain I probably wouldn't. But if I am not liking how my finished pattern is turning out I will modify a little.

Quoting Miranda1127:

For hdc I never ch more than 1 to turn. If you are hdc in the first st I would ch 1, it looks cleaner most if the time. If you are unsure do a row or two and see what you think. It could play out ok.

DaiTilley
by Dai on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:09 PM
When they write the pattern, they include the turning chain in the number that they tell you to chain. One way to check is to look at the stitch count of the next row...
So if it tells you to chain 20, and then the next row is to have 19 hdc, then the turning chain was included. If the next row is to have 20, then you'll have to add one chain (so it's 21).
:)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN