Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Happy Humpday! How goes? Getting crafty today?

Happy Wednesday! What are you up to today? Working? Cleaning? Errands? Anything fun?

Do you plan to craft today? What a making?

If you have a shop, how has this yea been for you so far? :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:48 AM
Replies (21-30):
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Man! That is awfuL! SO sorry to hear you are going through that - what does the teacher say????

Quoting Brieshon:

Meh. One of my son's Kinder classmates is being mean to him (telling him repeatedly that he's going to hell for not believing what she does and not leaving him alone when he asks her to). And I found out that my friend is leaving her husband, which will be healthy in the long run (he is a total a-hole) but I'm so sad and anxious for her right now. 2 people who were going to do fun hat orders are backing out, darn it.

At least I'm looking forward to creating a good crochet skull applique. I'm convinced I can do it. Lol

Sorry to be such a downer! :(

The_Monster_Mom

I'm glad you made it to SEchat today!

Quoting melliburger:

I woke up 10 or 15 min before the se chat lol Slow day for us today. I have a dq due today and I'm almost done with the hat for my order. Just need to work on the final wrist warmer before that's done! I'm really tired honestly. I've been tired no matter how long I sleep :/

The_Monster_Mom

Bummer that you are sick - hope you feel better soon! What is wrong with your tooth?

Quoting SamKlug:

Feeling ALOT better today.  It was funny I get antibiotics for my tooth, and not even 24 hours later I'm sick as heck.  Lol.  Oh well.  At least the antibiotic is helping.  Especially considering yesterday I couldn't work at all and I had a double shift.  Still bummed about it, but today I get to go back and make that money again.  My kids have been a big help too!  They have been wearing their hair bows to school and now some of the kids in their classes want them too!  So I have to get those done tonight when I get home from work.  Amazingly enough, they have been paying for them too!  For the younger ones, I set the price at $2.00.  Figured it's a good start and most parents are willing to say ok.  Other than that, I've been FINALLY working on the hat order that I've been trying to get to.  Somehow the motivation bit me in the butt and now I'm on a roll.  Over the next couple of days I should have them done and shipped.  Yay!

mama_girl07
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Nothing exciting. I went to hobby lobby to pick out yarn for my daughter's new hats "that cant be cute. It has to be beautiful" lol then came home and made that. Now Im jsut waiting for my husband to come home with pizza.

Brieshon
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:11 PM
Right?? I found out a little more today. The teacher separated them and is taking care of incidents as they happen. Apparently it's more widespread than I thought - my son has started banding together with the other secular kids because they were all being harassed by a couple of kids about hell and whatnot. I really didn't think we'd have to deal with this at 6 years old. :( It doesn't seem to be happening in my daughter's Kinder class (they're twins in separate classes, though they do activities together a lot)

It's hard to know if the other kids' are being mean or (more likely) think they are really helping "save" the other kids. But either way, the end result is making my kid sad, and that makes me sad.

In happier news, my friend, who has been trying to conceive for years found out she is preggo today! Just a few months after having given up, lol. She is over the moon!

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

Man! That is awfuL! SO sorry to hear you are going through that - what does the teacher say????

Quoting Brieshon:

Meh. One of my son's Kinder classmates is being mean to him (telling him repeatedly that he's going to hell for not believing what she does and not leaving him alone when he asks her to). And I found out that my friend is leaving her husband, which will be healthy in the long run (he is a total a-hole) but I'm so sad and anxious for her right now. 2 people who were going to do fun hat orders are backing out, darn it.

At least I'm looking forward to creating a good crochet skull applique. I'm convinced I can do it. Lol

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:14 PM

That's so sad that your son feels like that so young! Has the teacher called their parents in for meetings? that isn't something kids (or anyone) should be saying, especially at school.

Quoting Brieshon:

Right?? I found out a little more today. The teacher separated them and is taking care of incidents as they happen. Apparently it's more widespread than I thought - my son has started banding together with the other secular kids because they were all being harassed by a couple of kids about hell and whatnot. I really didn't think we'd have to deal with this at 6 years old. :( It doesn't seem to be happening in my daughter's Kinder class (they're twins in separate classes, though they do activities together a lot)

It's hard to know if the other kids' are being mean or (more likely) think they are really helping "save" the other kids. But either way, the end result is making my kid sad, and that makes me sad.

In happier news, my friend, who has been trying to conceive for years found out she is preggo today! Just a few months after having given up, lol. She is over the moon!

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

Quoting Brieshon:

angelbr
by Melissa on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:25 PM
i started crocheting another blanket last night so i might work on that this evening. I also want to crochet a blanket that looks like a tetris game so i googled a tetris screen so i can figure out how many squares of what color i need. Found the idea on pinterest
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brieshon
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:38 PM
I wholeheartedly agree. I don't know if the teacher has talked to the other parents. I'm not sure if she could tell us much if she did. If it keeps happening, we'll insist on it, though.

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

That's so sad that your son feels like that so young! Has the teacher called their parents in for meetings? that isn't something kids (or anyone) should be saying, especially at school.

Quoting Brieshon:

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

Quoting Brieshon:

RutterMama
by Tia on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Was a short school day for DJ, but I still did get 5 bows made!

SamKlug
by Sammie on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:04 PM

It's decayed.  It's so bad, it's affecting the tooth in front of it, and if they were to try to just pull it out, it would crumble.  Found out at the ER Sunday night, that's it's cracked in half now too.  It's terrible.

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

Bummer that you are sick - hope you feel better soon! What is wrong with your tooth?

Quoting SamKlug:

Feeling ALOT better today.  It was funny I get antibiotics for my tooth, and not even 24 hours later I'm sick as heck.  Lol.  Oh well.  At least the antibiotic is helping.  Especially considering yesterday I couldn't work at all and I had a double shift.  Still bummed about it, but today I get to go back and make that money again.  My kids have been a big help too!  They have been wearing their hair bows to school and now some of the kids in their classes want them too!  So I have to get those done tonight when I get home from work.  Amazingly enough, they have been paying for them too!  For the younger ones, I set the price at $2.00.  Figured it's a good start and most parents are willing to say ok.  Other than that, I've been FINALLY working on the hat order that I've been trying to get to.  Somehow the motivation bit me in the butt and now I'm on a roll.  Over the next couple of days I should have them done and shipped.  Yay!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)