Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A few of my recent sewing projects

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi again! Lol I figured I'd make a seperate post for the things I've sewn recently
Here is a tote bag for my niece to hold her coloring book, crayons and snacks
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Replies (21-30):
2kidsntow
by New Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Everything is beautiful!! I truly love it all. How lucky for everyone that you make such wonderful things for them.

I need to get back to sewing. I love to sew and your post is motivating me! 

deadlights86
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Oh I know my mom used to sew all the time I never had a store bought costume when I was little and she made clothes all the time. I really miss the fabric shop we used to go to it used to sell wonderful patterns and all sorts of crafty stuff we have hobby lobby now and it sells maybe a fraction of the amount of fabric that Joanns sold and I'm not sure if they even sell patterns I'm not handy at them so I never look for them lol. I gotta talk to dh about buying them he doesn't like buying stuff like this he thinks its a waste but I'll get back to you. Would be nice to have for easter.

Quoting Vinsmomma:

Thank you! I do sell them :) and sewing takes lots of practice trial and error. If you want to message me ill give you pricing and color options 😄

Quoting deadlights86:

I love the coloring book tote do you sell these? I wish I could work my sewing machine more than just heming pants.

MissElissa21
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Awesome stuff!!!

manicMOM_DLC
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:38 AM
If I send you my sons lovey blankets and some money will you turn them into a large quilt. Is reimburse for any extra supplies needed. On me if you would.
Vinsmomma
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Awesome! That's grey to hear.. And thank you 😄

Quoting 2kidsntow:

Everything is beautiful!! I truly love it all. How lucky for everyone that you make such wonderful things for them.

I need to get back to sewing. I love to sew and your post is motivating me! 

Vinsmomma
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Oh how cool! My mom taught me to see when I was in high school, she didn't see muh when we were kids though.. I think she probably never had time there was 6 of us! Lol all right after the other. I hope your able to play around with the sewing a bit, I know I can't read a pattern well at all.. I usually just look up tutorials online and play around with them. They have classes at Joann's on how to see and read patterns I just never have time to go to them

Quoting deadlights86:

Oh I know my mom used to sew all the time I never had a store bought costume when I was little and she made clothes all the time. I really miss the fabric shop we used to go to it used to sell wonderful patterns and all sorts of crafty stuff we have hobby lobby now and it sells maybe a fraction of the amount of fabric that Joanns sold and I'm not sure if they even sell patterns I'm not handy at them so I never look for them lol. I gotta talk to dh about buying them he doesn't like buying stuff like this he thinks its a waste but I'll get back to you. Would be nice to have for easter.

Quoting Vinsmomma:

Thank you! I do sell them :) and sewing takes lots of practice trial and error. If you want to message me ill give you pricing and color options 😄

Quoting deadlights86:

I love the coloring book tote do you sell these? I wish I could work my sewing machine more than just heming pants.

Vinsmomma
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:59 PM
I would love too, I have a few projects I need to finish up but ill inbox you when I'm ready :)

Quoting manicMOM_DLC:

If I send you my sons lovey blankets and some money will you turn them into a large quilt. Is reimburse for any extra supplies needed. On me if you would.

TJandKarasMom
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:10 PM
These are awesome! Do you use your regular sewing machine to embroider the names or do you do something different?

I just got a sewing machine for Christmas, I sooo want to learn how to use it to make awesome things. I have sewn two pieces of fleece together to make cozy blankets for my kids and I made some little like packets full of rice for hand warmers. I've got to learn to do more with it!
Jukebox_Jenny
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Cute!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jukebox_Jenny
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:06 PM
I love the monster!

Quoting Vinsmomma:

I loved this one, the little girl loves monsters and is still Girly
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)