Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Who goes to them or sells at them?

I got an invite to set up a booth at a local craft show. It's only $25 for the booth rental, so thats not bad. I've been wanting to get into selling things for a while now but I'm not real buisiness oriented & I never actually know where to start.

What Kind of things sell the best?

I've never even been to a craft show =[ so I really have no idea how it runs or what to expect lol

any info would be helpful! 

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Replies (11-11):
roxxyt
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:59 AM

I've done like 6 shows the past three months. First of all the booth price is great, and its worth giving it a try at that price your not loosing much and a few hours of your time to get a feel also is good. Take someone with you so you can wander and look at the other vendor booths, you can get ideas as how they set up and displays. From the ones I've done this year so far their are alot of Girly booths with bows and tutus, but id still offer some girl stuff, but I've never seen a booth geard towards boys so It may go well. All shows are different and I offer like three different things and at one show I will sell out of one certain item and the others don't move then the next show I will sell out of another item and the main one wont sell, so its just weird. LOL, I have a blast networking with other crafters and they have lots of experience and great to learn from. I started out with just my tent and tables now I have displays my hubby make me that sit on the tables and makes my work look better LOL, I'm doing new banners and a couple of new displays so I've been learning as I go. And if you do need the electricity use it but if its not necessary then don't. My displays require it and most craft shows will add 10bucks for it. My last show was 125.00 for my space it was 10x10 but checking out two shows tomorrow and the space is only 20.00 and 25.00 so its all an experience and I really enjoy them and love meeting the other vendors. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)