Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Welcome to the Craft Cafe! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:10 PM
  • 479 Replies
4 moms liked this

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Craft Cafe!

If you knit, sew, crochet, or craft in any way, you'll love the Craft Cafe! We're a group of moms who like to be creative. Whether you're a long-time crafter or you're just dabbling, we're happy to have you! Share your tips and tricks, get some new ideas and creative inspiration, and enjoy the company of other crafters!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayKelly

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetinkboutique
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:57 PM
5 moms liked this

Hi, my name is Anna. I love crafting. I make tutu bags and sell them on Etsy. I also love making blankets and things for my daughter.

SparklingHope
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:20 PM
2 moms liked this

Hello! My name is Melissa. I'm 26 years old. I'm a SAHM. I live in MIlwaukee, WI. I've been married for 7 years. I have one kiddo, DS, Samuel. He's 5. I love to crochet, knit, sew. Just recently got into crocheting and making earrings. I'm making a few more items before I open up an etsy shop. 

jridgill
by Jennifer on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi! My name is Jennifer. I love to sew and embroider in my spare time. It never streamed I could do the things I can do now. I've my business up and going about a year now and he ha have really taken off for me this past month. I mean double sales!! I love to do other crafts as well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bustybee
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:39 AM
3 moms liked this

Hi my name is Bianca, I live in rural northern Yukon Canada.

I like to bead (on moose hide), and sew hide vests, I also make moccassins and mukluks and other hide projects. I scrap book and make cards. I quill, cross stitch, quilt, and knit (badly), tat (badly). some of the other things I've made are dream catchers, sun catchers, and beaded earrings and necklaces.

I'm sort of a jane of all trades lol

wyleigh
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi I'm Dana, I lived most of my life in Wyoming but have lived in Detroit for the last three years.I have been called a hippie for the past 30 years (I shave and am clean so I don't get it)  I never thought the things I was doing were craft till the whole reporpuse thing came into vougue. Silly me, I thought it was make the best of being broke. I made a Christmas tree out of tumble weeds one year when I couldn't buy one. I love crafts. If it is fun and dosen't cost the moon, I'm there. I am an old woman now and I want to leave my children and my grandchildren a love for crafting or at least a love for what it took to do it.

michie02
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi! My name is Michelle. I've been doing crafts of some sort since I was a child. My Grandmother & Mother were always crochetting or knitting something, so I learned both of those by the time I was 12 years old........I like crochetting best.

My first grandchild will be born in June so I have been making as many hat & bootie sets as I can. I just recently started a baby blanket also.

I can't wait to dive into this group!

Happy Crafting everyone!

.KFeatherable.
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Hello Crafting Mommas! My name is Kristyn. I have been married for over 4 years. We have two boys together, 3 and 22 months. And, we have another boy due in less than for weeks.
About a year ago, I learned how to crochet from tutorials on YouTube. CrochetGeek and bobwilson123 are my favorites.
I am currently working on a slouchy beanie for dh, but I have made a scarf for myself and a couple of baby cocoons for newborn.
There will definitely be more projects to come! Can't wait to share with everyone! Thanks for having me!
CJWhodunit
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi, I'm Carolyne in TX, a Christian conservative 'older mom' (51) due to infertility issues...if there's a craft or hobby I've probably tried it! I love ALL of them, especially sewing, knitting, crocheting, quilting--plus painting, drawing, stamping, scrapbooking, card making, etc. My dream is to someday have an online store on eBay or etsy as well. I have three miracle children, "Tweenie"(12) and boy/girl twins(4), who really keep me hopping, LOL. I also have a couple of blogs and I love to Facebook and Twitter with family and friends. Work in progress in setting up my Hobby Room but that always comes last on priorities! I'll finish soon though so I can work on whatever projects come my way! Glad to join this group! 😃
milmomma2006
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Hey ladies! I'm Kristen, and new to the crafting world. I have always wanted to pick up crocheting and I finally did back in November. It has quickly become my favorite past time, I just wish I had more time!! I would love to try my hand at other things too, but I want to "master" crocheting first lol. I also bake, that can be considered a craft right? ;)

EmilyKC
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:00 PM
2 moms liked this
Hello ladies my name is Emily I'm 30 years old and a sahm and I live in Toledo Ohio. I've been with my dh for over ten years married for five this June:). We have a beautiful daughter named Mallory and she just turned two this month. We are currently expecting our second child due this July.

I guess I've always loved crafting although I was just never very good at it. I guess I needed something that I was really obsessed with -hair bows-!!!!!! The min I found out I was having a girl I started collecting hair accessories of all sorts. Finally I realized "hey I can make these myself" turned out I'm pretty good at making them:).

I'm still in the learning process but eventually I would like to open a store on etsy.

Nice to meet you ladies:)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)