Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome to the Craft Cafe! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Craft Cafe!

If you knit, sew, crochet, or craft in any way, you'll love the Craft Cafe! We're a group of moms who like to be creative. Whether you're a long-time crafter or you're just dabbling, we're happy to have you! Share your tips and tricks, get some new ideas and creative inspiration, and enjoy the company of other crafters!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayKelly

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Replies (471-479):
jryberg
by Jaime on Jan. 3, 2014 at 9:24 PM

Hi Jenn, welcome to the group. That is really cool that you are fostering 2 kids to adopt, are they siblings?

Your Christmas gifst sound cute - did you take pictures? Have you shared them here? We love to see projects. 

Quoting ldylancer03: Hi. My name is jenn. I am currently a sahm to a 7 year old boy and two foster to adopt kids ( 2yrs and 10 mths) so I don't always find time. But when I do I like to scrapbook book and make cards but also try new things. This year we did string art, playdoh for the kids and a bunch of crafts for family. Painting on plates and mugs for christmas. Can't wait to get started in this group and see some ideas!!!

jryberg
by Jaime on Jan. 3, 2014 at 9:26 PM

Welcome to the groupo Malisa! Pinterest is a great place to organize your project ideas. What is the first proejct you want to take on in 2014? I am getting my unfinished projects completed and then have a list of about 10 things I want to try. I just hope to find the time this year! 

Quoting sonnyswoman75: My name is Malisa. I am 38 years old and live in northern IL with my fiancee. I joined this group because I want to be more crafty in 2014. I have been inspired by Pinterest.

jryberg
by Jaime on Jan. 3, 2014 at 9:27 PM

Welcome to the group Kayla. What kind of things do you have in your etsy shop? If you have not already you should make a post in the marketplace section about your shop, we love to support each other's businesses.

Quoting crnalite2:

Hi There, I'm Kayla. I'm a 22y/o SAHM with my own etsy shop. I am currently working towards my BS in Business Administration / Small Business Management. I have two kids, DS (2 years) and DD (10 months). My husband and I have been married for 3 years, and we were married while he was stationed in Hawaii. He is former Navy.

Stacia101
by Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this

knittingsewingI just finished making some crochet and arm scarfs for Christmas gifts. I'm going to dedicate the month of January to sewing. I have a new serger that I need to learn how to use. I want to make some soy wax candles also.

Quoting jryberg: sWelcome to the group! What projects are you working on right now? This group is a great place to learn new crafts! 
Quoting Stacia101:

Hello my name is Stacia and I'm a SAHM of  4 children and an awesome Hubby!! I LOVE sewing, crocheting and I'm now learning other crafting things like candle making. I look forward to learning from all you ladies.

ldylancer03
by New Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello

Yes they are siblings (boy and girl) and fun!!! lol. I havent shared yet but i will here soon. :)

Quoting jryberg:

Hi Jenn, welcome to the group. That is really cool that you are fostering 2 kids to adopt, are they siblings?

Your Christmas gifst sound cute - did you take pictures? Have you shared them here? We love to see projects. 

Quoting ldylancer03: Hi. My name is jenn. I am currently a sahm to a 7 year old boy and two foster to adopt kids ( 2yrs and 10 mths) so I don't always find time. But when I do I like to scrapbook book and make cards but also try new things. This year we did string art, playdoh for the kids and a bunch of crafts for family. Painting on plates and mugs for christmas. Can't wait to get started in this group and see some ideas!!!

jryberg
by Jaime on Jan. 4, 2014 at 7:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like you are going to have a funJanuary!

Quoting Stacia101:

knittingsewingI just finished making some crochet and arm scarfs for Christmas gifts. I'm going to dedicate the month of January to sewing. I have a new serger that I need to learn how to use. I want to make some soy wax candles also.

Quoting jryberg: sWelcome to the group! What projects are you working on right now? This group is a great place to learn new crafts! 
Quoting Stacia101:

Hello my name is Stacia and I'm a SAHM of  4 children and an awesome Hubby!! I LOVE sewing, crocheting and I'm now learning other crafting things like candle making. I look forward to learning from all you ladies.

jryberg
by Jaime on Jan. 4, 2014 at 7:08 AM
1 mom liked this
That's great!

Quoting ldylancer03:

Hello

Yes they are siblings (boy and girl) and fun!!! lol. I havent shared yet but i will here soon. :)

Quoting jryberg:

Elisabeth1
by New Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:43 AM

Good morning!  My name is Beth & I've recently returned to the world of crochet.  I used to enjoy counted cross-stitch, but as I age, I've found that my eyes aren't as cooperative as they used to be!  I've been married for 17 years & have a blended family of 2 girls & 2 boys.  We were blessed this past Labor Day with our first grandchild, which has been the spark for me to return to crocheting.  I'm planning on working with my mom & sister to crochet items for fall craft bazzars & if that goes well, I might enter the world of opening an Etsy store.  I'm looking forward to hearing about different items that everyone is making!

jryberg
by Jaime on Jan. 6, 2014 at 6:30 PM

Welcome to the group and congrats on your new grandbaby. I hope you have fun getting back into crocheting, I am going to try and learn to do it this month, I have some yarn that it says it is easier to crochet than knit. WE will see how it goes. 

Quoting Elisabeth1:

Good morning!  My name is Beth & I've recently returned to the world of crochet.  I used to enjoy counted cross-stitch, but as I age, I've found that my eyes aren't as cooperative as they used to be!  I've been married for 17 years & have a blended family of 2 girls & 2 boys.  We were blessed this past Labor Day with our first grandchild, which has been the spark for me to return to crocheting.  I'm planning on working with my mom & sister to crochet items for fall craft bazzars & if that goes well, I might enter the world of opening an Etsy store.  I'm looking forward to hearing about different items that everyone is making!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)