Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

I am excited .

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:20 AM
  • 5 Replies

My almost 16yo daughter and I have had a rough few years. Nearly three years ago she decided to leave our home and go live with her bio father. She has not visited or even spoke to me much in those years. Well her 16th birthday is comming soon and I am helping my mom throw an over the top Sweet 16 for her. My daughter is helping as well. Since my mom is not too crafty my daughter has asked me to help her with some crafts. I am very excited and in high hopes that this will be a great bonding experiance for us. I desprately want to be closer with her.

Her theme is "SWEET 16" as in candy. Anyone have some ideas of crafts to make ? She wants bright fun colors and candy. We are decorating 4 tables plus a sweets station. We will also be making some outdoor decorations.

She is sharing her party with my step father ( it is a surprise to him) who will be 70, she also wants to do some things for him. His theme is a Christian/inspirational/ AA/NA theme.

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
warmcoffee
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Hope the party turns out to be a good bonding experience for you and your daughter. Maybe the following link will be helpful:

www.birthdaypartyideas.com 

sew4fun
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Thank you so much

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Wow, I hope you guys are able to mend fences with this! ♥

How about buntings with fabric that has candy on it? Go to thrift stores and get tons of crystal looking bowls and serving trays and set up a table full of colorful candy!

Scottishbrat33
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:55 AM

M&M's came to my mind.You can get some with names on them and the colors are very brite and colorful.Working together on a project like a party is a  wonderful idea. Having compatable music for your step father and daughter will help break the ice for people.Having games for everyone and prizes make it fun too. I had a surprise party for my husband we did things like that and I got so many compliments on what a great party it was.Also making a video tribute to both of them would be nice.It was a lot of work but it was worth it.birthday sweetpeablowing candles

sew4fun
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Thank you , I hope we are too. It has really been hard .  Thanks for the ideas.

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

Wow, I hope you guys are able to mend fences with this! ♥

How about buntings with fabric that has candy on it? Go to thrift stores and get tons of crystal looking bowls and serving trays and set up a table full of colorful candy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)