Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Afghan chain first posted as "crochet chain" better name {edit}

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:33 AM
  • 41 Replies
Had one going years ago was wondering if anyone would be up for one here

What you do is every in the chain makes a square a nd then sends it to the next of their picking to make a square and and stitch it on the last till it goes thro everyone sending a letter with it each time so everyone knows where it been

Well how bout it moms sound fun well it is and you get a chance first hand to se others work first hand

So are you up for it

*edit*

I just made a group for it so comment her if you like the ideia and join the group

It is [afghan chain]

Edit#2

www.cafemom.com/group/118468
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ryderswife
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Bump
Ryderswife
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:19 PM
Well gess not still leaveing up tho
manda-nicole010
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 5:41 PM

I think it would be fun :p 

Ryderswife
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I need about 15to 20 peps to make it work they can knit crochet don't matter every one will start with one square and it travle till it get back to the starter to see it finshed well that's the plan

Quoting manda-nicole010:

I think it would be fun :p 

jridgill
by Jennifer on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:49 PM
I don't crochet anymore but here is a bump!
Ryderswife
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:56 PM
That's to bad I find it to relax me after the kiddos are in bed and when I was on a chain befor it took all of 10 to 15 mins to get my square done and usley I forgot about what I did till the news letter came out with the pics in it then I was like wow

Quoting jridgill:

jridgill
by Jennifer on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:02 PM
It caused me to have a ganglion cyst so I just can't. I've got this huge throw I never got to finish :(

Quoting Ryderswife:

That's to bad I find it to relax me after the kiddos are in bed and when I was on a chain befor it took all of 10 to 15 mins to get my square done and usley I forgot about what I did till the news letter came out with the pics in it then I was like wow

Quoting jridgill:

Ryderswife
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:19 PM
that sound painful but dose it still let you craft tho
manda-nicole010
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Ouch :( 

OP: Have you tried facebook pages? or mom pages on facebook? See if we can get more people that way! I can advertise it on my due date group too.

let me know. 

Quoting jridgill:

It caused me to have a ganglion cyst so I just can't. I've got this huge throw I never got to finish :(

Quoting Ryderswife:

Quoting jridgill:

Follow my blog to get in on my crafty side! Free patterns, inexpensive patterns and just some unique ideas! Manda Nicole's Crochet Patterns

Ryderswife
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this
that would help a lot we could do baby blankies to start as smaller things first

Quoting manda-nicole010:

Ouch :( 

OP: Have you tried facebook pages? or mom pages on facebook? See if we can get more people that way! I can advertise it on my due date group too.

let me know. 

Quoting jridgill:

Quoting Ryderswife:

Quoting jridgill:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)