Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Ok so I sew diapers and yesterday made a skirt. they are all for my 1 year old daughter though. My 5 year old son is getting sad i'm not making anything for him so I need some ideas. and links to tutorials/patterns would be helpful. I just have no clue what to make him.

asking him isn't much help cause he asked me to make him a skirt ith boy fabric. LOL

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:23 AM
Replies (11-20):
.Angelica.
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Thank you everyone for the ideas! I was thinking about making him some sweat pants because he loves them and calls them his "comfy pants" and the elastic I got for the skirts was different than what I was expecting and would work well for sweat pants or pajama pants.

jridgill
by Jennifer on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:40 PM
Cape
Crown
Car roll
Crayon roll
Pajama pants
Book bag
Pillowcase
Tooth fairy pillow
I saw a free tutorial and pattern for a big alligator. I made my son one and he lOVED it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
warmcoffee
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:49 PM

I don't even sew, but I took a peek at the dragon slippers and they are so cute - there is a section just for boys at that link and there may be some great ideas there. Good luck!  

Quoting xtwistedxlovex:

Free patterns only, or paid? Tinkle Time Trainers are awesome IMO. You could use the pattern to make undies for your DS now (up to size 7) and trainers for your DD later.

I made DS a pair of dragon slippers (will find pattern tomorrow if I remember; it's free on some blog or other) and hoodie. I used an existing hoodie for the pattern and just did a seam up the back for the spikes. He also has a soft mini quilt type lovey that he insists on laying over his pillow at night, a monster to gobble his socks, and all sorts of other little things. I didn't use a pattern for most, just winged it, but I'll see what I can come up with. OH - google "montessori child apron" and you should find a free pattern for that.

Edited to add links =)

Here is a tut for a dinosaur hoodie that is very simplified; you just add spikes to one you already have. Not as tricky as creating a whole new hoodie, just a straight stitch and a bit of fabric glue.

Ryderswife
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:26 PM
I don't rember where I seen the pattern but I stummbled accross it when looking for crochet patterns it was a superman outfit it said for skill basic so I would think it would be easy wish I could rember the site tho
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RutterMama
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Good luck!!

rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:46 PM

search for children's tool belt, make him bean bags for a bean bag or hot potato game, you could make him elastic waisted pants by tracing his current pants (fold them in half trace, then fold the other way and trace that and cut out two of each...remeber to leave a seam allowance.)

suetoo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:50 AM

A simple t-shirt with superhero trim, or oversized pjs. Or better yet, a shirt to match one for his dad? Like a simple short sleeved dress shirt.

Larisa72
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:39 PM

shorts, pillow, pajama pants, simple stuffed animal

I make clothes for both my kiddos (12yo boy and 9yo girl) and he only really wants shirts and pajama pants :-)

sew4fun
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this

HERE is a blog that may help you a little the title of this entry is " 20 of the coolest FREE sewing tutorials for boys"

http://blogs.babble.com/the-new-home-ec/2011/09/07/20-of-the-coolest-free-boy-clothing-tutorials-and-patterns/

sew4fun
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:48 PM

HERE are some super hero crafts

http://www.favecraftsblog.com/superhero-crafts/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN