Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

need advice

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:34 PM
  • 11 Replies

my 2 year old is absolutely against brushing his teeth. can anybody give me any advice on things that will help him enjoy brushing his teeth. does anyone else have a toddler with this problem.

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melliburger
by Melli on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:57 PM

We don't have this problem.

You could do a rewards chart. Simple weekly graph, he earns all the stickers taht week he gets a small prize?

GoldenLinds
by Lindsay on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:05 PM
I guess it depends why. My son refuses to stay in the bathroom and brush. I let him roam while he brushes and its fine. I brush my teeth right after he takes off and he comes back when I rinse so he can rinse too. He's 19 months. I used to babysit a little girl who hates the toddler toothpaste or anything fruity so ee would use the tiniest bit of ours and rinse it a bit before brushing her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Have you bought a character toothbrush and toothpaste?  My dd always loved brushing her teeth most when she got a new toothbrush.  Also try different brands of toothpaste.  My dd will only use the Toms brand.  She hates all the others.

MissElissa21
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:04 AM
My kids love to brush their teeth. The baby (2) has a toothbrush that lights up. I let him do it himself and then I go back over them.
christydwiggins
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:27 AM

My son is special needs so I may be no help but I talked to his dentists any they gave me a toothbrush that children with autism uses because he don't like the fill of the regular tooth brushes that you can buy from the store. I can brush his teeth now. My daughter loves brushing her teeth. She would do it all day if I would let her. 

Brieshon
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:12 AM
We got light-up light saber toothbrushes and my kids LOVE them! :)
nw91920
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:23 PM
He likes to chew on the toothbrush and eat the toothpaste he hates the brushing part.
babymama2009883
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:59 PM

My DD is almost 2 and loves to brush. She has a my little pony toothbrush she will start to brush then chew on it and brush again. I think it helps that we all brush our teeth together so she copies us.

RutterMama
by Tia on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Try to make it fun!

krystlbear_84
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:33 PM

Let him pick out his own toothbrush. He could pick out his favorite character.

Don't Just Stand There....SCRAP Something!
krystlbear's Corner
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)