Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Craft ideas

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:42 PM
  • 10 Replies

OK this is my first time blogging. Well I'm a mom of Twin Girls and they are great. I just don't know any craft ideas that i can do when they are 11 months old. I work at a craft store (Hobby Lobby) and I'm always thinking of things to do but they are for older kids. With there birthday coming up plus Valentines day i want to do something with them for Valentines day so we can give that to their father. I was also think of doing something for there first birthday to give to their guest. Mostly just going to be family and their god parents. If you have any ideas of what i can do for Valentines day for dad or even something we can make from the twins for their first birthday gift to their guest.

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wyleigh
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:26 PM

You could make a LOVE banner for Dad out of just about anything and ribbon. They could decorate the precut shapes and string them.  Take a dollar store plate, let them color with sharpies ( yes, I know.) bake them and have them forever. Hand print art on a tshirt?

Twingirlsmom179
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Hey that some good idea
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wyleigh
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Quoting Twingirlsmom179:

Hey that some good idea

I had three sons, they all know how to sew, cross stitch, cook and clean. Never could get them to scrapbook and as much as I tried to convince them it was a bonding thing they would not garden with me. I made myself a promise when I started having Grandbabies that I wouldn't give them anything that took a battery, So far, so good, We have made all kinds of fun things. Good on ya for starting them early.

Timon6903
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:24 PM
I also have twin girls... They are almost 3!! Hen they were aroun your girls age I bought non toxic fabric paint, an a few yards of canvas fabric, then I painte their hands and feet (had paint on a paper plate they could use) and let them go crazy on the canvas then I cut it into pieces after it dried! I mailed some to family but had one mounted/framed for their dad and he loved it. It wasn't very expensive since
I used a coupon on the canvas fabric.
wyleigh
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Timon6903:

I also have twin girls... They are almost 3!! Hen they were aroun your girls age I bought non toxic fabric paint, an a few yards of canvas fabric, then I painte their hands and feet (had paint on a paper plate they could use) and let them go crazy on the canvas then I cut it into pieces after it dried! I mailed some to family but had one mounted/framed for their dad and he loved it. It wasn't very expensive since
I used a coupon on the canvas fabric.

That is so much fun. I would love to get that as a gift.

RutterMama
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:57 PM

I would do something with feet & hands prints.

wyleigh
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Quoting RutterMama:

I would do something with feet & hands prints.

Stepping stones are also great.

Twingirlsmom179
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Well i did figure out for daddy's present. Thanks to all the advice
cherylw993
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this

For my daughter first birthday,  I bought some cardboard picture  frames and I spray painted them different colors before the party. At the party they decorated their frame with stickers. It worked out great because they could put a picture from the party as a keepsake. We also did this for Fathers day,last year and my husband has the frame on his desk at work.

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:50 AM
Finger pairing, coloring, stickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN