Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Crochet help! Please!!!

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:44 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hello, I am making a baby blanket for a friend. I have a pretty easy pattern but I am a little confused. I am going to type the part that is confusing me. If anyone can explain it too me that would be great :) thatnks in advance to any and all that help!

Pattern

With A. ch4. Join with sl st to form ring.

Rnd 1: Ch 6 (counts as 1 dc. Ch 3). (1dc. Ch 3) 4 times in ring. Join with sl st to 3rd ch of beg ch.

Rnd 2: Sl st in next ch-3 sp. Ch 3 (2 dc. Ch 2. 3 dc) in same sp as last sl st. ( 3 dc. Ch 2. 3 dc in next ch-3 sp) 4 times. Join with sl st to top of Ch 3.

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
EvrybodysFriend
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:13 PM
1 mom liked this

To start this, you are going to chain four then join your chain together in the first chain to make your loop.  Then, after your ring is made, you will chain 6.  This will count as you 1st double crochet and your chain three.  You will then make 1 double crochet and chain 3 a total of four times.  Join with a slip stitch to 3rd chain in begining (the last chain of the 6 you made at the begining of this round)

round 2: slip stitch into the next chain 3 space (slip stitch past the next double crochet into the set of chain 3 from previous round).  Chain 3.  In this same space, you are going to make 2 double crochet, then chain 2 and then 3 more double crochet (the chain 3 that you did in this space counts as your first double crochet) Moving on to your next chain 3 space, you will do 3 double crochet, then chain 2 then 3 more double crochet (4 times means 1 set of 3 dc, ch3, 3 dc in each chain 3 space) then join your round with a slip stitch in the third chain from the begining.

I hope that helped :/  

jennie2263
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Thank you! That cleared up what I was confused about :) Now I understand it! I just started about a month ago and I know a lot already but the chain spaces still throw me off a bit. Thanks again!

EvrybodysFriend
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:18 PM

You're welcome!  If you like crocheting, you should swing by a great crochet group here on CM.  It is called "Crochet, Ami's., Pen Pals and a Bit More"  pretty active group, lots of help and tons and tons of patterns.  It's a fantastic group of ladies there! 

jennie2263
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you for the info! I just applied :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)