Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

If only my husband could understand this we would never argue over scissors again...

Posted by   + Show Post

Hahaha

I don't normally post these but I had to share because I laughed out loud and had to show my husband when I saw this on pinterest...he said...so...what's funny about this? WELL I thought it would make you feel better since obviously I'm not the only person that is annoyed by you using my 40 dollar scissors on PAPER!! or someone wouldn't have taken the time to make this!! Also if they were JUST scissors I wouldn't have paid 40 bucks for them!!!!

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:56 PM
Replies (11-20):
mybratsmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:12 PM

My DH doesn't get this regardless of what it applies to.  I bought an amazing set of kitchen knives over a year ago.  DH took one to the garage (I have no idea what for) and it has been missing ever since.  Now my knife block looks dumb with that one empty spot...

ZsMommy
by Heids on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:21 PM

I worked at JoAnn's for 6 years-I KNOWWWW the difference tween Gingher and Fiskars-lol ;)

Totally get this meme (actually pinned it ages ago-lol)

bustybee
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:12 AM

lol, that is why I caved and bought one of those fabric wheel cutters

BKozICan
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:39 AM

Fabric scissors are hidden in the sewing cabinet. Metal shears are in the tool chest. Plain old craft scissors are in a clear plastic drawers right at kid eye level.

illogicalkat
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:13 AM
1 mom liked this

My husband is remarkably good about this...although I think that's because he was ith me the day I bought y nice fabric shears. He asked why I was spending so much on them, and then vowed to not touch them for fear of what I would do.

Larisa72
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:18 AM
2 moms liked this

TOTALLY understand!

I now have pale pink scissors (I *hate* pink) and those are my fabric scissors...the only one who might try to use them is my daughter who LOVES pink - but to get to them would require going into my workroom, which is strictly off-limits, and actually scares my husband (he says it's because he's afraid things will fall on him...I say it's because he can see how many things I'm working on, including family files, etc....and everything that nobody knows where it goes gets dumped in my room, so he's partially to blame for the chaos).

Before children, it was always DH taking scissors....his toolbox had my purple pair because he took th em to use for something and I refused to take them back since he ruined them for fabric.  He saw me slicing fabric for a quilt using a rotary cutter (bustybee - that is what the "fabric wheel cutters" actually are) and his eyes light up with unholy glee.  We were in the middle of cutting sheetrock and he thought it would be the perfect tool....I packed mine up so he couldn't use it, headed to the fabric store and bought him a cheaper version...lol...he hasn't even tried to touch mine since then and his is....in his toolbox.

Ah well.....I think some of them still have sharpie on them: fabric, paper, MOM....

KnittinMom
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:02 AM
2 moms liked this
Have any of you seen the idea on Pinterest to use a small lock on the handle to make the scissors unusable? Love, love, love the idea for the good scissors! Thanks for the laugh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NanaNeema
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Exactly!!!!  But mine isn't an ex....though there are times the thought has crossed my mind!  I keep 3 pair of scissors/shears in a container on the computer desk for the family to use and "put back" where they belong and they all have black handles..no brainer...no mix ups as to what they are allowed to use.  I caught hubby with a pair of pink handled at the same time, across the room, grandson had a pair with blue handles....all were picked up off the dining room table where I had sat sewing but left the sewing to make dinner.  Their reply to my "explosion" was.."we couldn't find any other ones and these were just laying there"..REALLY!!!  I hand sew all my cloth sculptures and tend to sit at the table as then I am available to keep an eye on things and also to join in on family discussions...my sewing room is in the other side of the house and has become more of a storage room than actually sewing in there.....I even brought my sewing machine into the dining room for the winter as the sewing room is unheated.

My shears and scissors aren't the best on the market but they weren't "dollar store" ones either and I purchased ones with the different colored handles to limit their use to specific purposes and keep them protected and sharp.  One blue handled pair has just been "demoted" to paper use thanks to grandson.

Quoting GoldenLinds:

Ugh!!!! If only I could find a guy who understood this. My ex would inevitably use my good scissors on something like plastic or even metal wire and id go ballistic on him!! Worst was he would hunt them down to do it because there were perfectly crappy scissors right beside him but hed go dig in my stuff for mine!!!!

mikesmom65270
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this

sidesplittinglaughter

My mother was always a stickler on proper use of her sewing scissors, not to use on paper, etc.  When I was in college, she used my sewing scissors (just a cheap pair) to pry the lid off a cinnamon can and broke the tip off one of the blades.  She felt so bad about it that she bought me a new pair, but not cheap ones, she bought Wiss scissors!  We laughed over that one for years.

karanmi
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:12 PM

I solved my problem a few years ago after my dad gave me my moms good gingher scissors. I just keep them in the box and on my computer desk shelf. My cheapies stay in my sewing cabinet so hubby and grandkids just grab them instead of my good ones. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)