Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

I'm totally confused

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:44 PM
  • 4 Replies
Since I last posted, I've been doing pretty good w my cards/custom commissions. I am making a good bit of money on the side. Since I'm actually getting a lot of requests/questions, I decided to come up w a business name of sorts. Simple like A.Victoria Arts. My bf recently said that I don't have a "business" bc I don't provide a service to the people. What defines a "service"? I am servicing people who request specific art/pieces, am I not? I am providing a product w my cards, right? And once I get better at graphic art/my wacom tablet, I'll be able to provide prints as well. What are your thoughts? What defines a business?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
kikyo1
by knitting madness on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:58 PM
I would say you are a business , just because you don't have a store people walk into doesn't mean you are not a business. When you look online there are lots people who just sell patterns for things like crochet knitting and other and they have business names
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melliburger
by Melli on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:10 PM

It's a business. Or at least I think it is. You can look up your specific city/state specificiations as to what makes a business.

perfect01
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:12 PM
2 moms liked this

You get money in exchange for goods and services, that is a business.

mybratsmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:16 PM

You are starting a business.  Get it going.  I'm doing the same thing - I got laid off and kicked up my business - so far I've gotten at least an order a week.

Step out there and make your cards.  You are providing a service.  Best wishes with your business.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN