Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

My projects lying all over the house!

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi All, my first post  .   My mom was a crocheter, left handed and she taught me a right hander how to.  My gram was a sewer and quilter, together we dressed wretched baby dolls we picked up at the Goodwill, turning them into clean desirable babies with sleepover bags and pjs.  So, I do alittle of everything now.  The only thing I haven't tried is Tatting.  Mom and I built these alsolutely ugly 70's lamps one time with crushed glass by rolling a clear plastic cylinder coated with a special glue in glass.

Well, right now I have a tie quilt, a tidbit crochet granny block afgan, a little girls crocheted poncho, box of crocheted hats, a black velvet and lime green block quilt top, and always mending scattered all about the house.I promised myself to work on one thing every day for an hour to get something finished, but then I start a new project.  What's wrong with me?! 2pink 

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Replies (21-21):
2pink
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Hi Helen,  I did the same thing.  I call it the study though.  It's got the computer, bookcases(two are floor to ceiling, and full, and two smaller ones under the window full of children's books), ironing board set up of course, crafts, sewing table, wing back chair (someday I will recover), a 30's button tuck love seat (I bought on E bay and was sent by greyhound bus from Florida), a torchier floor lamp, a 50's style night stand ( I redid it years ago) with this totally awesome hurricane glass lamp on it.my piano keyboard (for plunking), and clear boxes full of project material stacked in the closet with the full lengh filling cabinet (I had to take the closet doors off to get everything in there). and this massive desk chair my hubby brought home from a silent auction at his work place (he paid maybe $25.). All this stuff in a maybe 12 x 13 room?  I love this room. I put my daughters paper art projects on the wall (the wall space that is left that is).  I cut the wooden arms off the massive desk chair so I could push it under the computer desk, I have fabric to recover it too!  PROJECTS EVERYWHERE I LOOK!!!

Do you have a crowded space, yet still functional for you somewhere in your place?  2pink 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)