Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

good mandrel to make rings?

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:46 AM
  • 6 Replies
Where can i get one? I dont want to order it online unless i really have to.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ZsMommy
by Heids on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:55 PM

You can find them at JoAnn's or Michaels but you can also go through Ebay-There are some good jewelry supply  sellers-But the best way to find them is to go through the "buy it now" feature vs the bid to find the better sellers.

Did you want the steel or the hard plastic. The plastic isn't bad but over time you will get grooves if you make alot of wire rings on it-so steel is actually a better investment but the hard plastic is okay to start with.

armyvet06
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:49 PM
I just bought a hard plastic one to begin with. Do you know what kind of wiring would be best to use?

Quoting ZsMommy:

You can find them at JoAnn's or Michaels but you can also go through Ebay-There are some good jewelry supply  sellers-But the best way to find them is to go through the "buy it now" feature vs the bid to find the better sellers.

Did you want the steel or the hard plastic. The plastic isn't bad but over time you will get grooves if you make alot of wire rings on it-so steel is actually a better investment but the hard plastic is okay to start with.

ZsMommy
by Heids on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:51 PM

20 gauge

Quoting armyvet06:

I just bought a hard plastic one to begin with. Do you know what kind of wiring would be best to use?

Quoting ZsMommy:

armyvet06
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Ok. I will have to see if i have any. Thank you!

Quoting ZsMommy:

20 gauge

Quoting armyvet06:

Quoting ZsMommy:

ZsMommy
by Heids on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:03 PM

A big hint-go two sizes up when making a ring.Here's an example.. if you want a seven-start wrapping at a 9

Here's some of the rings I've made

Silver Tone Filigree & Hemalyke Ring
Quoting armyvet06:

Quoting ZsMommy:

20 gauge

Quoting armyvet06:

Quoting ZsMommy:

armyvet06
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you for the tip! Those are really pretty!

Quoting ZsMommy:

A big hint-go two sizes up when making a ring.Here's an example.. if you want a seven-start wrapping at a 9

Here's some of the rings I've made

Silver Tone Filigree & Hemalyke Ring

Quoting armyvet06:

Quoting ZsMommy:

20 gauge

Quoting armyvet06:

Quoting ZsMommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)