Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Finally started a quilt! Updated again!

Got the first two rows of the baby quilt I am making done. What do you all think?

Here's a close up of the finished rows.

Here's what I am currently done with. Will add more pics when top is complete.

Here's the top done

And here's the bottom. I only have one seam done right now. Will post another pic when completely finished.

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Replies (31-31):
rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:30 PM

I am going to wait on the binding until they know if it is a boy or girl and then do a gender specific binding. I like sewing the layers together (especially for baby stuff) because then I don't have to remember to remove pins because if I forgot one I'd feel really bad and I do have a bad habit of forgetting them in stuff.

Quoting MyIslandGirls:

It's a good idea to quilt the top because if you just attach the layers together on just the sides you get a pillow case type thing going on...a pillow case with no opening and it becomes really infuriating. lol

usually i don't sew the edges of the layers together unless I'm pinned the whole thing first.. then i "bast" it.. then i stick it on my neighbor's long arm machine and quilt the crap out of it.. lol then i put the binding on at the last step.  Which is what I'm doing this week with my project.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)