Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

mamas I need help

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:47 AM
  • 10 Replies

I am doing square foot gardening this year. I am putting my vining plants on my fence but need to cover them in either cans or 2 liter bottle to keep them from getting weedeated down. milk gallon jugs is a maybe too. so I have this whiney neighbor who calls me in for anything and everything. I have lived in this house 4 months and had city ordinace at my door 2x. this time because I have pallets in my yard for square foot gardening. the other time cause I was parking between my yard and fence. so how do I hide iether my 2 liters cans or milk jugs used for keeping them from getting weedeated down? I have to make them look pretty and presentable so my whiner doesn't whine. any ideas?

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mystica97
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:13 AM

You could use cans, cover them in polymer clay, and then they would definetly be presentable... just my own thought there. :) 

Becky

wyleigh
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:47 AM
4 moms liked this

To me it sounds like she may have had some bad neighbors in the past and is letting you know she is in charge. You might try taking a plate of cookies over and talking to her about your plans. Let her know that when the crop comes in you will bring her some. If that doesn't work, spray painting the cans to match your patio might be cute, then you could use the leftover to spray her windows so she can't see your yard. teehee. 

Phillipsmomm
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Can you paint them? Make them decorative?

wyleigh
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Quoting Phillipsmomm:

Can you paint them? Make them decorative?

Yes! It could be so cute!

MissElissa21
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Haha.
I have whiny neighbors too. I just give them the middle finger and tell them if they want it picked up, they can come do it. But I am rude. I would just spray paint it all bright colors and put them out there. Can you catch the lawn guys and let them know you put them there on purpose so they don't remove them.

Quoting wyleigh:

To me it sounds like she may have had some bad neighbors in the past and is letting you know she is in charge. You might try taking a plate of cookies over and talking to her about your plans. Let her know that when the crop comes in you will bring her some. If that doesn't work, spray painting the cans to match your patio might be cute, then you could use the leftover to spray her windows so she can't see your yard. teehee. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:22 PM

I agree with the spray paint idea.

Gypsy60
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Painting them sounds good.Had a friend who had problems with lawn guys messing with flower pots trying to weedeat around them.So she took her sissors and started clipping all the grass around them super low and kept it that way,so they didnt have to weedeat there.This may help too,if you use milk jugs,cause some weedeaters can cut into them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
opinionatedmom
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:16 AM

what can I paint them with. to grow organic food no chemicals can touch my ground at all. I know you can paint with tea and coffee but would this adhere to the cans? any other ideas what to use for paint or dye that would stick to the cans?

Quoting Gypsy60:

Painting them sounds good.Had a friend who had problems with lawn guys messing with flower pots trying to weedeat around them.So she took her sissors and started clipping all the grass around them super low and kept it that way,so they didnt have to weedeat there.This may help too,if you use milk jugs,cause some weedeaters can cut into them.

KRIZZ25
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:23 AM
tell him mind her owne yard..
Gypsy60
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:29 AM
I'm not sure about paints,but you could do online search.You could also cover them with fabric,wallpaper,contact paper,thngs like that.Especially if you use cans or buckets.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)