Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Hoppy Easter

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:14 AM
  • 14 Replies

This has got to be the messiest fabric I have eve worked with. I got a trash bag full of stuff from this fabric. It's sooooo soft though. I haven't even finished putting it together yet. This is pretty much parts laid out. Lol I can't wait to finish. Lots I hand sewing involved though. Boo because my wrist is already killing me. I was up until 3 am working on this. My daughter will love it and cherish it forever though. I just know ill have to make my son one next. I've already started to pop my inflammation pills for my wrist. Lol

I'm going to take a break for a little bit though because I've got 10 dresses I need to make by Monday. Sheesh!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:36 AM

It will be very cute and it's projects like this that are worth a little pain because of the joy when you give it to them...I have a few projects like this coming up. I have to finish making a twin size quilted autism puzzle peice blanket for my younger son (it's his big Christmas gift, I wasn't able to get the fabric until after Christmas and it is one of this months big projects.) I also have another quilt to make this month and since the person will know boy or girl before I am finished with it I will be able to add a little bit extra (sashing if it's a boy or ribbons in pink and purple for a girl) in a gender color, since it is gender nuetral right now.

mylilprincesses
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this

awe thats cute!

jridgill
by Jennifer on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I bet those will be great.

I think I'm going to make a heart with her name and the year on it to put on the bunnies back side. Just a small one.

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

It will be very cute and it's projects like this that are worth a little pain because of the joy when you give it to them...I have a few projects like this coming up. I have to finish making a twin size quilted autism puzzle peice blanket for my younger son (it's his big Christmas gift, I wasn't able to get the fabric until after Christmas and it is one of this months big projects.) I also have another quilt to make this month and since the person will know boy or girl before I am finished with it I will be able to add a little bit extra (sashing if it's a boy or ribbons in pink and purple for a girl) in a gender color, since it is gender nuetral right now.

MissElissa21
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:52 PM
It'scute so far! The heart is a cute idea! Good luck getting it all done.
ZsMommy
by Heids on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:55 PM

He's really cute!

(small question-not a critique-just observation...Do you have any bigger buttons for the eyes,the tiny ones kinda get lost next to the blue pom pom nose)

jridgill
by Jennifer on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Thanks! They aren't buttons. It's thread. I wanted to stay away from buttons. I know they get kind of lost. I tried to trim the face a lot because at first you couldn't see anything but a nose. lol It has a line under the nose too but you can't see that either.

Quoting ZsMommy:

He's really cute!

(small question-not a critique-just observation...Do you have any bigger buttons for the eyes,the tiny ones kinda get lost next to the blue pom pom nose)

krystlbear_84
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:04 PM
So cute.
ZsMommy
by Heids on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Thread sounds good!

Miss z has a few stuffed animals made from that type of fabric-details do get lost in the fluff.

Have you been sneezing? I remember cutting that type of fabric when I worked at JoAnn's-fibers would fly up in the air-everyone had to blow their noses after that stuff would be cut.

Quoting jridgill:

Thanks! They aren't buttons. It's thread. I wanted to stay away from buttons. I know they get kind of lost. I tried to trim the face a lot because at first you couldn't see anything but a nose. lol It has a line under the nose too but you can't see that either.

Quoting ZsMommy:

He's really cute!

jridgill
by Jennifer on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Maybe I should do fabric eyes!
Yeah it was in my mouth and eyes too. Horrible. I've got 2 more yards and as soon as that's gone I'm done with it.

Quoting ZsMommy:

Thread sounds good!

Miss z has a few stuffed animals made from that type of fabric-details do get lost in the fluff.

Have you been sneezing? I remember cutting that type of fabric when I worked at JoAnn's-fibers wold fly up in the air-everyone had to blow their noses after that stuff would be cut.

Quoting jridgill:

Quoting ZsMommy:

He's really cute!

jridgill
by Jennifer on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Just a small part of the mess.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN