Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Crochet Help!! **EDIT** I think I got it!!! :) Pic added

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:06 PM
  • 12 Replies

I am trying a new type of blanket for another SIL that is expecting a baby boy.  I found this "EASY" pattern, and I am lost already! 

Here is the pattern: http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/L10273.html#

I haven't gotten very far. I've done the "round" and I've done the 2dc in ring, ch 1, then 3dc in ring, ch 1 three times.  I did the slip stitch.  And that's where I am.  Then it says 12dc and 4 ch - 1 sps.  I don't know what this means!!!!  I'm totally stuck.  I'm obviously still a novice, can someone talk me off the ledge?!?!

EDIT:  OK, I had never done a granny square before!!!!  It was a little confusing but with a little help from about.com (I find their tutorials to be REALLY easy to follow), I was able to pick it up. 

Here is what I've done so far (the messy part in the middle is the "tails" showing through from behind that I haven't taken care of yet), and the four colors I'm using - baby blue, brown, green, and a varieagated of blue, green & white. I really like how it's coming along!  It's a nice way to make a blanket :)

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IansMommy2012
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:08 PM
That's beautiful but I've never done a square like that so here's a bump! Good luck!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
melliburger
by Melli on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:32 PM

eeep I have no idea! Bump for you!

calebsmommy05
by Amy on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this
It's a regular granny square, just big. You fasten off to change colors.
When it says 12 dc and 4 ch-1 spaces it means you should have 12 double crochet and 4 spaces(holes) in that round.
krystlbear_84
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:12 PM

BUMP!

mama_girl07
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:31 PM

What Calebsmommy said. that is jsut telling you how many dc's and ch-sp you should have.

lisafamily
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:41 PM

yep - its jusrt the count of what you would have at the end of the row, If you are ocd like me, it's a nice reassurance that you did it right so far,

TwinMomma122304
by Melanie on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Thanks, ladies!  Bump for edit with pic :)

calebsmommy05
by Amy on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Great job! I like it. I love working up giant granny squares for baby blankets. For the sole reason that they work up fast. Everyone who has received one from me loves them!
lisafamily
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Beautiful - good job!

SamKlug
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

It looks beautiful!  I think granny squares will always be my favorite thing to do!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)