Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

To my fellow crafters who like to donate to a good cause

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:18 PM
  • 5 Replies

I thought I would share this link with you because it touched my heart. I joined in with a group on Facebook who will be sending some things. Even if you can't donate maybe you could share this link with others and more can help.

http://www.thetraintocrazy.com/2013/02/announcing-shes-worth-it.html

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ZsMommy
by Heids on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:25 PM

I just sent an email requesting info.

Thanks for sharing!

melliburger
by Melli on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks for sharing :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jridgill
by Jennifer on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:08 AM
That's great! To be honest I had no idea it was that bad. :(

Quoting ZsMommy:

Thanks for sharing!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ZsMommy
by Heids on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:17 AM

It is unfortunately. I've watched some stories,read some articles. One woman-her husband's best friend had decived both the husband and wife-He asked her to help him shop for items in the market as he wanted to make a special meal-What she didn't know is he had arranged to have her abducted,blindfolded,shipped off and he sold this woman into  (sexual) slavery. She managed to stay alive and the husband managed to strike up a deal to have his wife returned-but this went on for 3 or more years if I remember correctly. The "friend" was arrested.

But abductions of women and children being sold is a horrible common and very scary practice. They are left with two choices-perform sexually or die.  And it happens anywhere and everywhere-even here in the US,women and children who go missing are drugged,blindfolded and shipped overseas before they come to they are thousands of miles from home with no way of contacting anyone.

Quoting jridgill:

That's great! To be honest I had no idea it was that bad. :(

Quoting ZsMommy:

Thanks for sharing!

ZsMommy
by Heids on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:48 PM

I received an email back with info-if anyone wants a copy of the info-pm me-I won't post it cuz there's a personal address listed-but if someone would like the details I received-I'll gladly pass on the info if they don't feel like sending an email through the info link you provided.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN