Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Valentine's day!

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:59 PM
  • 12 Replies
Look what I made! The colors blended so I have to figure a way to make them more colorful! Picture in comments.

In the second page I put another picture up they look a lot better the second time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MarShy740
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:59 PM

CMcLaws
by Carrie on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Ooo I saw those on Pinterest and have been wanting to try those! I think to make them brighter, you should use larger pieces and not such small 'chips'. Also, stay away from the really dark crayons, like navy and black. Or if you do use them, use very teeny pieces.  

MarShy740
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Yea I think that was the thing. I bought four boxes of crayons so I should be good.

Quoting CMcLaws:

Ooo I saw those on Pinterest and have been wanting to try those! I think to make them brighter, you should use larger pieces and not such small 'chips'. Also, stay away from the really dark crayons, like navy and black. Or if you do use them, use very teeny pieces.  

CMcLaws
by Carrie on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Post pictures when you try again!! :-) 

Quoting MarShy740:

Yea I think that was the thing. I bought four boxes of crayons so I should be good.

Quoting CMcLaws:

CMcLaws
by Carrie on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Also, Crayola brand may work better. The higher quality may make them melt more evenly, keeping the colors from running together so much.

MarShy740
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Yea I want cheap because I didn't know how many I would need.

Quoting CMcLaws:

Also, Crayola brand may work better. The higher quality may make them melt more evenly, keeping the colors from running together so much.

skarlet
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Quoting MarShy740:

Quoting CMcLaws:

This is very true...I'm not exactly sure why they turn out brighter and more swirls but they do. I stock up like crazy...I'm talking probably 20 boxes of crayons every school year when they are .25  just so that I can do this.I love the hearts though...I couldn't find any silicone ones this year. Also the chocolate candy melting molds work too for smaller crayons( I did these for vacation bible school and there were just sooo many kids so I did smaller crayons) . I do like the bigger ones better though. 

CafeMom Tickers

AthenaGrace
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:01 PM

How does that pan hold up after one or two batches? Also how long do you bake for? I've been dying to repurpose some of my older crayons but don't want to ruin a pan haha

MarShy740
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Its a silicon and I just popped them out and it looks fine.

Quoting AthenaGrace:

How does that pan hold up after one or two batches? Also how long do you bake for? I've been dying to repurpose some of my older crayons but don't want to ruin a pan haha

MarShy740
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:16 PM
It took me awhile to find them they had them in a hard spot at Walmart.

Quoting skarlet:

Quoting MarShy740:

Quoting CMcLaws:

This is very true...I'm not exactly sure why they turn out brighter and more swirls but they do. I stock up like crazy...I'm talking probably 20 boxes of crayons every school year when they are .25  just so that I can do this.I love the hearts though...I couldn't find any silicone ones this year. Also the chocolate candy melting molds work too for smaller crayons( I did these for vacation bible school and there were just sooo many kids so I did smaller crayons) . I do like the bigger ones better though. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)