Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Ok, which one is better?

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:15 AM
  • 7 Replies

Poll

Question: Which Sewing Machine would you choose?

Options:

Brother CS6000i Advance

SINGER 7256 Fashion Mate

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 11

View Results

So I mentioned before that I was planning on making cloth diapers, but I need a sewing machine of my own.  I found these two on sale for a good price.  The Brother is on sale for $150 and the Singer is on sale for $140.  The Singer has 70 stich settings and the Brother only has 60, but the brother has a hard case that comes with it, but the Singer does not.  I will be sewing cloth diapers, cloth wipes, ring slings, and who knows maybe some new crafts I find

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
boxergirl86
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm no help but would like to know too. I need a sewing machine of my own too but am totally clueless as to which is better. So here's a bump :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:03 PM

I looked at the information on amazon and while I don't know if the brother has metal innards it shows that the singer does.

ChWuGu
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:44 PM

which would make the singer better than?  I have gotten a few votes on the brother in some of my other posts.  I am nervous about buying anything that isn't going to be good.  A lot of people are just telling me to get more expensive ones, but I don't really want to drop $400 or more on a machine in case I decide that sewing isn't for me, ya know?

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

I looked at the information on amazon and while I don't know if the brother has metal innards it shows that the singer does.

rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Metal inner workings generally mean the machine will last longer. Cheaper machines have a lot of plastic parts. I might check Amazon as they have a lot of information about the different machines and a lot of very good deals. I just picked up a 300 dollar Singer for 165 and the same one used for 130 for my daughter (It is at Walmart.com for 209 and is sold out in all four of the local stores).

Quoting ChWuGu:

which would make the singer better than?  I have gotten a few votes on the brother in some of my other posts.  I am nervous about buying anything that isn't going to be good.  A lot of people are just telling me to get more expensive ones, but I don't really want to drop $400 or more on a machine in case I decide that sewing isn't for me, ya know?

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:47 PM

I have a brother, and have had trouble with it.. But never used a Singer. Good luck!

yankeefan828
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:35 PM
I wanted to get the brother it has a lot of different reviews but just if you have problems just send it back ASAP so if anything you get your money back
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cowgirls10181
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:19 PM
I say singer because grandma has issues with her brother and i love my singer machines! But they dont make the one I have any longer
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)