Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Plastic Canvas?

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:52 AM
  • 6 Replies

Does anyone have any experience with this? Any good online tutorials?

I bought a book of patterns to make Barbie doll furniture, but when I opened it up I realized it looks more complicated than I expected it to be. It looks like it will come out looking adorable, though!

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
melliburger
by Melli on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:04 AM

I've never done it! I keep wanting to get supplies, butI want ONE heart or star cut out and they sell them by the dozen O.o 

Good luck! Maybe a google search of tutorialso n how to start would help? 

michie02
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:01 AM

YouTube had a few tutorials at one time. I made Barbie doll furniture for my girls years ago.......the hardest part for me was attaching the sides and making it square. 

I would recommend just trying one of the smaller pieces and if you don't like it you can always start over until you get the hang of it!

Good Luck!

Bizmom
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:08 AM

I would recommend trying something small, like a coaster, I enjoy plastic canvas, and love making coasters, really fun once you get it figured out and really get started making other stuff, google search is a good way to learn, as for me, I bought a simple easy book from the book store and did the easiet in there, which was a coaster using 2 colors. very easy. good luck:)

Bizmom

newmom121812
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:16 AM
It's easier then you think you just have to make sure to cut exact and they should have a guild in there about the stitch and puting if together isn't as bad as it looks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gina6239
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:06 AM

I was at Joanne's yesterday and they had small shapes sold as just one!

Quoting melliburger:

I've never done it! I keep wanting to get supplies, butI want ONE heart or star cut out and they sell them by the dozen O.o 

Good luck! Maybe a google search of tutorialso n how to start would help? 

gina6239
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Thanks, glad to know I am not in over my  head!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN