Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

I'm shocked!

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:27 PM
  • 5 Replies
2 moms liked this

I just got home from work and have been checking my messages while cleaning house.  I was shocked when I came across one from a coworker.  She asked if I wanted to donate some of my crafy projects for an auction for a friend of hers that is going to go through a rough surgery.  I honestly didn't think my work was recognized!  It feels great and I told her yes!  Can't wait to find out how it goes!  Should I attach business cards to the projects or no?

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
djscinnabun
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Yes, definitely! It gets your name out there so if whoever purchases it at the auction, or anyone who doesn't end up getting the item(s) will know where they can find your work otherwise, if they're interested in buying.

SamKlug
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Thank you!  I was thinking the same thing.  I was also thinking about sending a few extra cards too just incase she wants to have them out.

Quoting djscinnabun:

Yes, definitely! It gets your name out there so if whoever purchases it at the auction, or anyone who doesn't end up getting the item(s) will know where they can find your work otherwise, if they're interested in buying.

djscinnabun
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Good idea, sending extras - I've gotten a lot of referrals by doing something for a friend and people start asking where they got this or that.

Quoting SamKlug:

Thank you!  I was thinking the same thing.  I was also thinking about sending a few extra cards too just incase she wants to have them out.

Quoting djscinnabun:

AriannasMommy84
Latest blog post!! http://sweetandsourreviews84.blogspot.com/2014/08/location-review-trinity-forest.html
Yesterday at 9:46 PM
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:18 PM

I would def add business cards!

<3 Crystal <3
Wife to Clay(2008),
Mommy to Arianna(2003),
Fur baby fettuccine(2009),
Isabella(2009),
& Madelyn(2011)
American by birth, USAF wife by the Grace of God

coast guardknittingteen girltoddler girlbaby girlcat

rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Yes. Definitely. Gets your name out there and if they have questions on how to care for the item they will be able to get ahold of you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)