Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Its Tuesday! Whatcha up to?

Posted by   + Show Post
Anything exciting going on today? Spending time with the kidlets? How about crafting? Homework? Running errands?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Replies (21-30):
SamKlug
by Sammie on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Awwwww! I hope you guys have fun!

Quoting Navy_Wife08:

Right now dd and I are just hanging out waiting for dh to get home. He deploys tomorrow so were going to make the most of today.  I've got laundry and dishes that NEED to be done before he gets home I just dont want to do them. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iHEAVENn
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:28 AM

A king sized rag quilt.

He loves our son's, so I'm making one for our bed in the colors he likes. (Blues and browns) 

Quoting SamKlug:

Oooooo! Whatcha making?

Quoting iHEAVENn:

Sitting :P 

I spent 6 hours yesterday making curtains for the living room... 

They turned out good but a little short so I need to get a little bit more fabric to add to the bottoms. Stupid huge window :( 

I've got fabric in the wash... Some for a baby quilt and some for hubby's anniversary gift.. I need to look online and see if I can find some in bulk cause I am going to need lots of fabric for hubby's gift :\ 

-:Logan Jacob:-

-:December 1st 2007:-

-:7 Pounds 4 Ounces:- 

-:My Everything:- 

cowgirls10181
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:38 PM
I had that issue just last yr and the yr before, sucks. Because after i finished schoolwork i had house work and kids no time for crafts then but have time now.

Quoting SamKlug:

I miss cleaning the house! I have so much homework I can't touch the house til its done. It's killing me! Lol

Quoting cowgirls10181:

Today house cleaning and relaxing, tomorrow we are predicted 5-15" of snow, and assuming kids will be out of school with the winds and blowing snow.. this afternoon ill gather craft supplies for tomorrow and friday

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:10 PM

How old are they?

Quoting SamKlug:

I bet she is excited! I can't wait til mine get a little older, then we can have a lot more crafting fun!

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

finished work...gotta go to the gym (kids need to practice for pft mile run) after I finish reloading sons mp3 player (he froze it and it had to be reset and all the songs disappeared) then I get to come home and make dinner and if I am lucky I will get to sew tonight but I will be taking time out to show dd some basic stitching and have her make a practice "sampler" of the different stitches on her machine. And use some scraps to make a mini pillow so she can see how seams work...and cut out some practice squares so she can make a small practice quilt.

SamKlug
by Sammie on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:43 PM

They are both 6.  Technically they are old enough to start teaching.  But, when SD can't sit still for more than 2 mins and gets jealous every time I try to teach DD, it makes things difficult.  I've tried teaching SD quite a few different crafts, but she gets aggravated quickly and leaves to do something else rather quickly.  She wants to learn but she just can't sit still.  DD wants to learn, but she is sick of how jealous SD gets.  She only gets jealous because she knows she can't sit there and learn it.  It's about got me pulling my hair out!

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

How old are they?

Quoting SamKlug:

I bet she is excited! I can't wait til mine get a little older, then we can have a lot more crafting fun!

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

finished work...gotta go to the gym (kids need to practice for pft mile run) after I finish reloading sons mp3 player (he froze it and it had to be reset and all the songs disappeared) then I get to come home and make dinner and if I am lucky I will get to sew tonight but I will be taking time out to show dd some basic stitching and have her make a practice "sampler" of the different stitches on her machine. And use some scraps to make a mini pillow so she can see how seams work...and cut out some practice squares so she can make a small practice quilt.

rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:48 PM

What about etting them both the functional toy singer sewing machines? Then while you are working with one the other could be working by themselves. Or is that something you have already tried? A different option is having a mommy and me day with them seperate and let the other have a day with their dad...That's what we have to do when I want/need or dd wants/needs me to teach her something, though the problem in my case is a curious little magpie of a son.

Quoting SamKlug:

They are both 6.  Technically they are old enough to start teaching.  But, when SD can't sit still for more than 2 mins and gets jealous every time I try to teach DD, it makes things difficult.  I've tried teaching SD quite a few different crafts, but she gets aggravated quickly and leaves to do something else rather quickly.  She wants to learn but she just can't sit still.  DD wants to learn, but she is sick of how jealous SD gets.  She only gets jealous because she knows she can't sit there and learn it.  It's about got me pulling my hair out!

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

How old are they?

Quoting SamKlug:

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

SamKlug
by Sammie on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:37 AM

I've never considered the sewing machines to be honest.  But then again, neither of them have shown an interest in sewing.  They like watching me crochet though.  I bought them both latch hook kits a year ago and they still haven't finished those.  Got them cross stitch kits too.  One of these days I'll be able to get them into something.  Lol.  Now if it involves cutting up paper and making a mess, they are all over it!  Lol!

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

What about etting them both the functional toy singer sewing machines? Then while you are working with one the other could be working by themselves. Or is that something you have already tried? A different option is having a mommy and me day with them seperate and let the other have a day with their dad...That's what we have to do when I want/need or dd wants/needs me to teach her something, though the problem in my case is a curious little magpie of a son.

Quoting SamKlug:

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

How old are they?

Quoting SamKlug:

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Well those sewing machines can be used with paper...so if they like paper they can make paper quilts =)

Quoting SamKlug:

I've never considered the sewing machines to be honest.  But then again, neither of them have shown an interest in sewing.  They like watching me crochet though.  I bought them both latch hook kits a year ago and they still haven't finished those.  Got them cross stitch kits too.  One of these days I'll be able to get them into something.  Lol.  Now if it involves cutting up paper and making a mess, they are all over it!  Lol!

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

Quoting SamKlug:

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

How old are they?

Quoting SamKlug:

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

SamKlug
by Sammie on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:19 PM

I had no idea!  I'm gonna have to get a couple of those!  Thank you!

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

Well those sewing machines can be used with paper...so if they like paper they can make paper quilts =)

Quoting SamKlug:

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

Quoting SamKlug:

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

How old are they?

Quoting SamKlug:

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:33 PM

No problem, we've been looking at them for my younger son.

Quoting SamKlug:

I had no idea!  I'm gonna have to get a couple of those!  Thank you!

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

Quoting SamKlug:

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

Quoting SamKlug:

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

How old are they?

Quoting SamKlug:

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)