Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

So Dh just got a third job leaving me to pretty much run our store which is currently a feed store/ greenhouse/ post office. because of this change i won't be able to do my usual craft shows that reduce my inventory and give me money for more supplies.

Well DH wants to send a bunch of inventory that we've been sitting on for over 5 years to a local auction site and get what we can from it but now wants me to open my dream in the two rooms of our store this leaves empty!!! I will be opening JJ's Crafty Boutique inside the Fat Chicken Feed Store! So i will still be able to craft and sell  my products but i will also be featuring other local crafters as well.

DH isn't worried about it making money, the check we get for the post office (i'll also be the postmaster) covers the store operating costs and he'll be making more than enough money from his other jobs to pay for everything else if this doesn't work as well as we hope. so i'm not panicking as much as i thought i would lol.

I've had a display of my stuff at the store for a while now and i do sell stuff but with the way we are going to be setting up the craft boutique as a separate entity just inside the same store and marketing it that way should help get business our way. as of now if you didn't know i had my stuff there you certainly wouldn't go to a feed store to find it lol. but this is a set up that has worked for other businesses around here and i hope it works for me! Wish me luck!

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Replies (11-13):
northernmommy
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:16 PM

yup, we've had a facebook for years. i created a a page for my new venture earlier today and already have 10 likes :) what do you make?

Quoting cowgirls10181:

Do you have a facebook for the feed store? If not i suggest one, and get customers to like it and eventually word shall spread. Good luck and sounds great! Wish you were in my area would love a place to sell my crafts. But oh well..

cowgirls10181
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Nothing specific yet, because havent found the perfect one. But hubby and his coworkers love the welding hats i stich up, i love knitting, sewing, crocheting,

Quoting northernmommy:

yup, we've had a facebook for years. i created a a page for my new venture earlier today and already have 10 likes :) what do you make?

Quoting cowgirls10181:

Do you have a facebook for the feed store? If not i suggest one, and get customers to like it and eventually word shall spread. Good luck and sounds great! Wish you were in my area would love a place to sell my crafts. But oh well..

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EmmasMom0706
by Val on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:39 AM

That sounds amazing! Congrats and good luck! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN