Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

It's a good thing I'm usually broke

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Jen
  • 11 Replies
When you don't have money you can't spend it, but heaven forbid I have extra money cause its gone to craft supplies. Got $100 for my birthday (birthday is tomorrow) from my dad today put it in the bank, came home and sat at my computer and a half hour later I have $10 left lol. That was fast. Can't imagine what would happen if I could spend what I want when I want lol.
Anyone else have a problem like mine? Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AriannasMommy84
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:45 PM

lol i understand totally! My husband is giving me $1000 once we move into our new house for yarn. I'm going to have sooooo much fun buying yarn & hooks! 

<3 Crystal <3
Wife to Clay(2008),
Mommy to Arianna(2003),
Fur baby fettuccine(2009),
Isabella(2009),
& Madelyn(2011)
American by birth, USAF wife by the Grace of God

coast guardknittingteen girltoddler girlbaby girlcat

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I find when I have money I spend it on other handmade things rather than supplies! I love supporting indie businesses!

melliburger
by Melli on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:20 PM

I can get pretty click happy sometimes LOL

I usually go around and get things from shops I've been looking at for a while.

iHEAVENn
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this

My dad gave me $200 when I was in California. 

Mostly because he was worried about their gas prices and I was driving my moms big Escalde. 

I was down for a total of 10 days, the first 5 I spent mostly with my dad so he was buying gas the entire time. The last night is when he gave me the money, so by that point our trip was almost over and I was only going to have my mom's car for 3 more days... 

I decided to fill it up. Then spent the rest at Disneyland on my son, my nieces, myself, and my hubby. 

In all fairness, dad did say use it however you want LOL. 

rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Yep! Love tax return time always spend what we don't need for summer rent!

cowgirls10181
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:22 PM
I do have the same addiction, and joanns sending 50% and 40% off coupons in the mail doesnt help. I love shopping for crafty things. The basement shows it! I have the same amount of things for crafts as the kids do toys.
northernmommy
by Jen on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:29 PM
I wish I had a craft store near me but the closest one is 2 hours away so I do most of my shopping online and I just live getting stuff in the mail!
Trixi.VonLace
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:31 PM
I feel your pain lol!!! Spent all my birthday money at hobby lobby then dropped another $50 yesterday and I have been on eBay looking just now. It is such an addiction LOL!!!
hazy999
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:06 PM

whenever I have money to spend I spend it quickly on supplies and things. I spent several hundred dollars this month on yarn, an interchangeable knitting needle set, paint, canvas, wood paint panels and some brushes. 

calebsmommy05
by Amy on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:22 AM
I understand! Dh is letting me have a crafty shopping spree when our taxes come back(hopefully Tuesday). I am going to have so much fun!!!! My postman is going to hate me! Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)