Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Need pricing tips, Help!

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:14 AM
  • 3 Replies
Hi to everyone, I have a question and needed your help.Well I made an angry bird hat for my 24 month old grandson and I was asked by a stranget at Wal-mart to make one for her grandson, which I did ,but I don't know how to price my work....could any of you ladies help me out?
Here is a pic. of the hat and I also made some slippers...

by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Brieshon
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:37 AM
A common formula is 2-4x the price of materials used, depending on complexity. So if you made a simple thing with $5 of yarn, you'd charge $10. A complex thing with the same amount of yarn would be $20. However, I always go on etsy to find similar items to see how much others are selling for. Sometimes I find I can charge a bit more than I expect, and sometimes I find that I can't charge enough to make it worth my time.

I'd think you could sell the hat and booties as a set for maybe $25 for baby size or $30 for toddler size. (A bit less if you're using cheapie yarn, like Red Heart Super Saver.)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
michie02
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:52 AM

I sold a similar set for $15. I charged that because materials were inexpensive (a friend had given me most of the yarn I used) & it only took me about 1 1/2 hours to complete. When pricing something make sure to include your time in the price.

Yoly01
by Yoli on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you for the tips, I had thought about selling the set for $25 or $30, and if separate the hat$15 & maybe the shoes $10, but then I I wasn't too sure it would be a good ...Thank you again
Photobucket
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN