Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Help selling my crafts

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:16 PM
  • 7 Replies

I like to make cards and hand painted wood signs but I am not sure where I can sell them. I have tried selling on Craigslist in the past but didn't have any luck. I also tried selling on Ebay but I am a little unsure how to price the shipping on things. I also have set up an Etsy account but I am curious if many people have luck on there, and if the fees are worth it. I would love some advice...can anyone help me?

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
opinionatedmom
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this

ebay you will measure the size and the weight of the box , put in both zip codes and the site does it for you. but I would do flea markets, october fest and stuff like that. craft fairs, county fairs etc.

Brieshon
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Storenvy.com is great, very customizable, and free! I've done ok with my etsy page for my crochet stuff, and with Storenvy for my hubby's soap shop. Wherever you set up shop, the key seems to be using social networking (Facebook, twitter, blogs, etc) to get your links out there as much as possible.

Other advice - get good product pics, try to have unique designs, and research what similar shops are doing for pricing and shipping costs.

Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jrobertson20
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:30 PM

I sell on Facebook.  I created my own page to see my crochet items.  Then I promote it in my local buy and sell sites.  I am getting a ton of orders that way.  I have a Storenvy store too (no fees on that site) but haven't sold anything yet.  I just started that a month ago though.  I am also going to do a vendor sale at a local high school.  I'm also thinking about doing a craft festival as well but we will see.  The key is to get your name out there!!!!  Good luck!!!!

Bizmom
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:56 PM

You can try facebook, or using a freewebsite to create your own customized stuff and pages as well. and make your own business cards and pass them out and place wherever possible, have at home  parties for your friends and have them pass on your store info and you can ask many of the stores if they would allow you to put your business cards on their counters. you could also try the blogsite to create for yourself as well. just a few suggestions. good luck:)

Bizmom

BamaMommy2
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:11 PM

I agree with PP's, try facebook. There may be local craft pages on facebook that you can sell from. Or, you can just make your own.

melliburger
by Melli on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:17 AM
Storenvy is great! I've been selling on there for almost two years! It takes a lot of work and gettin your name out there.
sbaum86
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:18 AM
Thank you all so much! I really appreciate your help!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN