Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Washi Tape

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:10 PM
  • 5 Replies

Good morning to all!!

While we are under some kind of warning or advisory for snow issues here in WI, I had this burning question in my mind.

What the heck is Washi Tape?  What's it used for?  There are some very pretty and cool looking ones but would like to know what they are used for.

Thanks

Kelly

by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
krystlbear_84
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Scrapbooking, card making....

check ou this blog post here.

Don't Just Stand There....SCRAP Something!
krystlbear's Corner
melliburger
by Melli on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Washi tape is fun :)

ZsMommy
by Heids on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:41 PM

LOL-thank you for asking cuz I've thought this before too (I think it's the name that I kinda raise an eyebrow at)

babynurse454
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:01 PM
Love love washi tape, great for card making, scrapbooking, home decor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZsMommy
by Heids on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:10 AM

Okay-I found this

Often called wasabi tape by mistake, washi tape does originate from Japan, so we can see how the two terms are easily confused! But, washi tape has nothing to do with the spicy condiment that you eat with your sushi. The best way we can describe washi tape is that it feels like masking tape — very, very pretty masking tape. It's made of paper, but is not as delicate as you would expect. Plus, it comes in patterns and designs that will make even the most dedicated crafters swoon and varying widths to allow you to create some fun and intricate washi tape designs.

Washi tape is typically made from natural fibers, such as bamboo or hemp, but most commonly from the bark of trees that are native to Japan — the mulberry, the mitsumata shrub or the gampi tree. Most washi tapes are strong (as strong as duct tape in some cases!) and functional as well as pretty, making them wonderful for both everyday and decorative use.

What can I do with it?

OK, so you have your washi tape in hand... but now, what are you suppose to do with it? For the craft challenged, we suggest you go to Pinterest and never look back. Enter "Washi Tape" into the search bar and you will be blown away at all the projects people have used washi tape for.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)