Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Ever just get frustrated?

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this
Ever just get so frustrated with a craft tht isn't turning out how you want? Happened to me today! I finished wrapping my St Patty's day rainbow wreath and I just didn't like how it was looking! I didn't like the final yarn I thought would be good. I got so fed up with tryin to make it work I set the wreath aside and am trying the idea on a different form with different yarn! I'll go back to the original and unwrap the still useable yarn later.... Ugh!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lionpaw
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:20 AM
Yes!!! Usually when cooking! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mybratsmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:33 AM
YES!!! I'm editing an image in a new-to-me program and apparently my computer can't handle it and freezes just about every five minutes!!!! Twice the thing shut down and I lost all my changes!!
I gave up for the night and grabbed a Hershey Bar and a beer, its the weekend and I should be relaxing, not stressing!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TJandKarasMom
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:44 AM

Yes...everytime I try to crochet baby shoes/booties whatever.  I just can't do it, I need to stop trying lol.

I have a few started at the bottom of my crochet bag that I always say I will unwrap or try to fix or try again, but then I look at it and don't even want to waste my time!

Turtledoves
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Yes! Today ive crocheted together the same motif over and over. Cant figure out how it s supposed to correctly go. 3D crochet things arr quite difficult!
rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:39 PM

sometimes

ZsMommy
by Heids on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:02 PM

That was called "Saturday"

A bracelet that should have taken me less than an hour became an all day event ,including gouging my finger with wire (oh yippee)

Yeah-some days just are not meant to be craft days.

BamaMommy2
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:05 PM

YES!!  I've been trying for months to master the Boutique Hairbow and it seems like only 1 out of every 100 actually come out perfect.

cowgirls10181
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:49 PM
When i get that way i do two things, grab a drink n leave the project, okay dont always grab a drink but do leave the project and sleep on it. The next morning i usually figure a way to resolve it.
cowgirls10181
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:51 PM
My projects Ive decided to not waist time on and im partly in to them, i just un do the yarn when making a new project. Then the old irritating one is gone!

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

Yes...everytime I try to crochet baby shoes/booties whatever.  I just can't do it, I need to stop trying lol.

I have a few started at the bottom of my crochet bag that I always say I will unwrap or try to fix or try again, but then I look at it and don't even want to waste my time!

SissyMacK
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:06 AM

toddler tantrum          Atleast you just "set it aside"  I have been known to give the offending project a fling! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)