Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colors of the Rainbow Craft Challenge Day 1: Theme Is Blue!

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:00 PM
  • 205 Replies
1 mom liked this

Welcome to Day 1 of the Colors of the Rainbow Craft Challenge! Each day we'll inspire you with a new color theme!

Your theme for today is: Blue.

Remember, you don't have to create something entirely new each day -- though of course we'd love to see what you can whip up! You can do any of the following:

• Post a photo of something you've made in the past that fits the theme.
  • Post a photo of something you make today based on the theme.
  • Post a story about a craft you've made in the past based on the theme.
  • Post an idea for a craft project, based on the theme, that you'd like to work on in the future.
  • Post a picture of a craft project you've seen online, that you'd like to try based on the theme.
  • Post a tutorial or instructions for a craft based on the theme.

Post any of the above in the replies below! Reply with one item at a time :)

Have fun!

happy

One member who signs up for our Colors of the Rainbow Craft Challenge and replies to all 10 daily posts will be chosen at random to win a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up & join in the other daily activities:

Colors of the Rainbow Craft Challenge! WIN a $25 gift card and lots of other PRIZES!

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Babybutton2000
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:20 PM
2 moms liked this

SabrinaLC
by Sabrina on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:21 PM
3 moms liked this

Blue ducky

pattern by me <3

boshs1andonly
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this

It might take a while because I just started, but I'd like to crochet a hat similar to this

I don't ever see myself making this, but I had to throw it in because I LOVE stitch. (and he's blue lol)

kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:22 PM

lapcounter
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Blue, a photo I took of winter storm clouds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hazy999
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:24 PM
3 moms liked this

JCrump316
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:26 PM
2 moms liked this

Unfortunately I don't have it anymore, but my favorite blue craft was making ice candles. Basically, you take an old milk container (like the little cartons they give to kids in school), tie a wick the a stick and tape the other end to the bottom, fill with ice chunks, then pour the hot wax in. As the ice melts, it makes holes in the candle in really cool designs. The one I made was an ice blue, and came out beautifully. I recently came across another pattern/design for these, so will have to definitely try this out again!

SweetLuci
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:28 PM

I did this years ago and it really was cool.

Quoting JCrump316:

Unfortunately I don't have it anymore, but my favorite blue craft was making ice candles. Basically, you take an old milk container (like the little cartons they give to kids in school), tie a wick the a stick and tape the other end to the bottom, fill with ice chunks, then pour the hot wax in. As the ice melts, it makes holes in the candle in really cool designs. The one I made was an ice blue, and came out beautifully. I recently came across another pattern/design for these, so will have to definitely try this out again!

SweetLuci
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:29 PM
5 moms liked this

Ice candle

warmcoffee
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Crochet Blue-Ribbon Afghans America's State Fairs 40 | eBay

I thought this was cute - found on-line - would be even cuter if smiling.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)