Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

What I made to help my daughter write

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:35 PM
  • 25 Replies
My daughter will be going to pre k this fall, so I made a project to help her learn how to write. All you need is a binder, clear page protectors, and a dry erase markers. And you can make sheets for them to do or print some off. I went out and bought a pre k work book and took the pages outta it. Pics in replies
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaBuck09
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:36 PM

MamaBuck09
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:36 PM

MamaBuck09
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:37 PM

xtwistedxlovex
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I did this too, one thing worth noting: dry erase markers are a little fumy. I didn't think much of it until my 2yr old nephew begged to use them in the car when I was sitting next to him. If you're uncomfortable with the fumes and/or want your LO to be able to share with a smaller relative/friend, get dry erase crayons. Bonus: crayons don't dry out o.O

Another thing: DS is in K and their handwriting practice is almost always in the format of picture+sentence. They're supposed to write a sentence ("I like cats") and then draw a related picture (a cat) and in some cases label the picture (tail, head, ears).
flowerfunleah
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:51 PM

She looks like she's having fun with it! What a great waste-not idea! 

DaiTilley
by Dai on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:53 PM
Very cool idea! And she's a doll :)
ForeverInLove
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Quoting MamaBuck09:

Love the idea, and her face is soooo not happy with you, lol.

The mommy and tech in me is screaming... tuck the shoulder belt under the arm rest of the booster to help with proper positioning of the seat belt on her, please. Not trying to sound like a b*tch, just honestly concerned :) Computers and typing does not relay emotion or empathy too well.

MamaBuck09
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Thank you

Quoting DaiTilley:

Very cool idea! And she's a doll :)

MamaBuck09
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:47 PM
Lol yes she was up set with me for making her stop for the pic.

Yes maam, I know but she hates that for some reason. So it's a struggle to keep it that way.

Quoting ForeverInLove:

Quoting MamaBuck09:

The mommy and tech in me is screaming... tuck the shoulder belt under the arm rest of the booster to help with proper positioning of the seat belt on her, please. Not trying to sound like a b*tch, just honestly concerned :) Computers and typing does not relay emotion or empathy too well.

ForeverInLove
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this

It might be a good idea to put her back into a harness then. Just tell her that you are just wanting her to be as safe as possible, but because she can't use her seat belt properly, then she needs to be in something that can be used properly. Try to keep it simple for her and just tell her you are doing it for her safety. And improperly used seat belt is very dangerous :(

Quoting MamaBuck09:

Lol yes she was up set with me for making her stop for the pic.

Yes maam, I know but she hates that for some reason. So it's a struggle to keep it that way.

Quoting ForeverInLove:

Quoting MamaBuck09:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN