Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TGIF!!! Are you crafting?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:44 AM
  • 36 Replies

TGIF ladies!  Feels good to be at the end of another week!

So what are your plans today?  Gonna cash that paycheck and get more crafting supplies?  Working on anything?  Are you gonna craft today?

Do you plan to run errands or go somewhere today?  Are you hanging out with someone today?  How is the weather?

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rust.n.Gears
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:57 AM

Well there is some snow on the ground but nothing major for New England. I got up early to get my mother-in-law and daughter off to a light treatment appointment. When they get home we have to go out and get groceries. Then at 2 pm I have an appointment with my PCP for a check on my still undiagnosed condition. Hopefully we can get an answer soon.

The whole time I will be dragging my never ending sock yarn shawl around with me. I have it finished to the point that the pattern called for but I hate the new look for shawls. The pattern calls for it to stop just short of the waist. I love the more bohemian style of shawls so I am just going to keep going till it tells me that it is done. Everyone who sees it loves it. This is by far my best piece to date. Plus it is my companion while I don't feel good. Most of the time I fall asleep knitting it and Dan has to remove it from my lap and put it back into it's reuseable Whole Foods shopping bag. I wake up, take my meds, and start again.

SamKlug
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:59 AM

I hope the docs can help ya out hun!  We are kind of going through the same thing with my SO.  Except we know what the problem is, but finding a doctor that will treat him like he needs is a pain!  We would love to see pics of the shawl!  I bet it's beautiful!

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

Well there is some snow on the ground but nothing major for New England. I got up early to get my mother-in-law and daughter off to a light treatment appointment. When they get home we have to go out and get groceries. Then at 2 pm I have an appointment with my PCP for a check on my still undiagnosed condition. Hopefully we can get an answer soon.

The whole time I will be dragging my never ending sock yarn shawl around with me. I have it finished to the point that the pattern called for but I hate the new look for shawls. The pattern calls for it to stop just short of the waist. I love the more bohemian style of shawls so I am just going to keep going till it tells me that it is done. Everyone who sees it loves it. This is by far my best piece to date. Plus it is my companion while I don't feel good. Most of the time I fall asleep knitting it and Dan has to remove it from my lap and put it back into it's reuseable Whole Foods shopping bag. I wake up, take my meds, and start again.

Gorilla_Mama
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:02 AM
So far dd2 is still sleeping so I'm being lazy and watching project runway from last night but at some point today I plan on sewing kid sized oven mitts for my bffs kids. I made them some fun aprons a while back so now I'm going to make the mitts to match.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mariesmama
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:15 AM

trying to come to terms with my daughters diagnosis of ehlers-danlos syndrome i will clean the house when she's at school today

SamKlug
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:16 AM

I'm being lazy right now too.  I should be working on homework but I'm soooo not motivated.  Lol.  Can't wait to see pics of the mitts!

Quoting Gorilla_Mama:

So far dd2 is still sleeping so I'm being lazy and watching project runway from last night but at some point today I plan on sewing kid sized oven mitts for my bffs kids. I made them some fun aprons a while back so now I'm going to make the mitts to match.

SamKlug
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:17 AM

I can honestly say I've never heard of that.  What is it, if you don't mind my asking.

Quoting mariesmama:

trying to come to terms with my daughters diagnosis of ehlers-danlos syndrome i will clean the house when she's at school today

mariesmama
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:20 AM

its a genetic disorder she has hypermobility in her joints and they dislocate easily its a defect in the collagin in her body it can cause atritis and a bunch of other problems

Quoting SamKlug:

I can honestly say I've never heard of that.  What is it, if you don't mind my asking.

Quoting mariesmama:

Jodyblonde2007
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:32 AM

Plans for today is to get the house spotless. I am almost done considering I've been working on it off and on since yesterday. Just have the kitchen, my room, laundry, and mopping to get done. After I get the house done I plan on working on Lili's dress and I have to get a couple of hats made for tomorrow. DH is taking his best friend home sometimes today and we are suppose to be going to DH's mom's house (not sure if I'm going or not.) Weather is right now cold, but it's suppose to warm up to the mid 50s today so I'm excited about that. (suppose to be about 70 tomorrow though, looking forward to that too)

DanaG70
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Today is suppose to be beautiful so after my eye doctor appointment Darcy and I will be going to the lake for a nice long hike! That is all I have planned for today. I'll probably work on my necklace tonight.

Rust.n.Gears
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Today they are checking for lyme disease. We are lost as to what it is and it has been going on for a long time. They originally thought it was stress but it is only getting worse. I hope we all find what we need.

The pictures of the shawl will come when it is off the needles. Now it is very cramped on there and you can't see the beauty of it. I love that I am using 15 different colors of sock yarn to make this. It looks amazing. I can't wait for it to be done. I will be wearing this to all the festivals this year. I can't wait for Rhinebeck. 

Quoting SamKlug:

I hope the docs can help ya out hun!  We are kind of going through the same thing with my SO.  Except we know what the problem is, but finding a doctor that will treat him like he needs is a pain!  We would love to see pics of the shawl!  I bet it's beautiful!

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)