• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby blanket project - needing ideas!

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:24 PM
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this

My sister-in-law and her husband adopted a preemie in Detroit, his name is Eli, and in just a few weeks he's been able to come off oxygen, feeding tube, and has even been moved out of the NICU! With the hope he'll be coming home soon, I've started a project collecting poems, quotes, verses and prayers from friends and family that I will be inking (with permanent fabric markers) onto a baby blanket so that he can literally be wrapped in the love that surrounds him. Any suggestions of verses, quotes, etc. to include would be greatly appreciated! 

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jae414
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:46 PM
"But Jesus said, 'Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.'" Matthew 19:14
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Beenhereforever
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:51 PM
How about the footprints verse. I forget how it goes.. Do they need anything?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
djscinnabun
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:25 PM

Great ideas, thanks ladies!!

Not sure if they need anything, I do know they're working on a fundraiser to help with the adoption and what not. (Not sure how to add the link, but it's   http://www.gofundme.com/251gf8  ) We made a donation there and our church's quilting group is making and donating the baby quilt for the prayer blanket - the outpouring of love and support for baby Eli has been just incredible!

hagwestcoast
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 6:11 AM

I hope you dance

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)