Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Planning our big Easter weekend at work! Any advice?

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Dai
  • 8 Replies
So, I work at a video store, and we're having a HUGE lymphoma fundraiser. It started the fifteenth, and goes through the end of the month, so we're doing a different theme and activities each of the three weekends. This weekend two of the staff set up St. Patrick's day fun, this coming weekend will be Mardi Gras themed, and then another staff member and I get to do Easter weekend! Here's what I have so far....
We'll have an Easter bunny in full costume for kids to take pictures with. I found a rental costume, and we'll have it the full weekend, and I'm just going to have a donation basket next to him, and I'm thinking of buying a pack of foam picture frames to put out with stickers so kids who get a picture with them can decorate a frame.
I'll be doing face painting, also with a donation bucket.
We're going to have a big bake sale in the store.
Easter egg hunt... There will be eggs with candy throughout the store, and each will have a coupon for a free rental inside with a fact about lymphoma on the back.
Kids' games: a sack-race style bunny hop contest; I'm going to take pillowcases and pin bunny tails to the back, and then bunny-ear headbands. Any kids who try it out get a piece of candy.
Pin the tail on the bunny (also gets them a piece of candy)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
DaiTilley
by Dai on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Oh! And for the staff, I got bunny ear headbands, and I'm going to make extra large white pompoms that we can pin on as bunny tails :)
melliburger
by Melli on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:38 AM
2 moms liked this

Man it sounds epic already! I really don't have any ideas besides just having easter decorations around the place (which I'm sure you already thought of!) lol

DaiTilley
by Dai on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:59 AM
I'm hoping I can decorate nicely without spending a ton of money! Lol

Quoting melliburger:

Man it sounds epic already! I really don't have any ideas besides just having easter decorations around the place (which I'm sure you already thought of!) lol

cherylw993
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:07 AM

Maybe you can get donations or at least discounts when you purchase the items from the store. You may want to talk to the manager of the stores.

Sounds like an awesome time.

Quoting DaiTilley:

Quoting melliburger:

Gorilla_Mama
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:10 AM
I agree ask if they can donate or discount. When my DHs fire dept did a fundraiser for a charity that helps children who are burn victims they got tons of donations from local businesses to help decorate and entertain and raffle off gift cards. Only had to spend $25 and ended up raising $300. We live in a small town so that was really a nice chunk of money to have raised.

Quoting cherylw993:

Maybe you can get donations or at least discounts when you purchase the items from the store. You may want to talk to the manager of the stores.

Quoting DaiTilley:

Quoting melliburger:

DaiTilley
by Dai on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:06 AM
That's a great idea! Thank you :) I'll look around for stores that may want to donate party supplies!

Quoting cherylw993:

Quoting DaiTilley:

Quoting melliburger:

DaiTilley
by Dai on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:17 AM
That's awesome! Especially with only having spent $25!
This fundraiser is company-wide, and as of when i closed last night just our store had raised nearly $1000, and the company was hitting $300,000!!
Our regional and district managers have our store a goal of $2000, and I'm convinced we are going to SMASH that goal :)

Quoting Gorilla_Mama:

I agree ask if they can donate or discount. When my DHs fire dept did a fundraiser for a charity that helps children who are burn victims they got tons of donations from local businesses to help decorate and entertain and raffle off gift cards. Only had to spend $25 and ended up raising $300. We live in a small town so that was really a nice chunk of money to have raised.

Quoting cherylw993:

Quoting DaiTilley:

Quoting melliburger:

rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:45 PM

You could also check out Oriental Trading Co. and see what they have for Easter. They sell stuff by the dozen or more for the most part and are relatively cheap for some stuff...I have also heard that they are willing to give discounts for fundraising, though I don't know that for sure as I have not had cause to ask them myself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)