Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do you gain a 'following'?

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:13 PM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this

We recently 'launched' our store online, this summer we'll have a stand at the huge 3,000 vendor flea-market (it's like a destination for shopping around here). anyways we plan to hand out our card with every purchase. We 'launched' two weeks ago & have had two sales on four items total.woo-hoo. I want to do a monthly give-a-way for our followers and all that. but how do you get those? like where do you find the people? idk how to do this. we have a fb,twitter, & blogspot page, and both a storenvy & a etsy shop.

by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Oooh, if you want to build your followers, a great way is through a giveaway you host on your blog. Write about the prizes, and then use Rafflecopter.com to set up a raffle and make the entries to win Tweeting about the giveaway, sharing it on FB (you have to use the create your own option one for that), liking your page, following you on Twitter, following your blog, envying and hearting items from your shops, etc. That drives people to all your venues and helps you gain new followers, and Rafflecopter keeps track of all the entries for you.

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Also, for Twitter, you need to start following and talking to people on Twitter. Search for people with common interests and talk to them, join in on conversations, etc. For FB, just invite your friends to like your page and post engaging content. Ask people to help you spread the word.

Do you want an invite to our Storenvy community users group on FB? It's great for networking! If so just ask to join from your personal page here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/439040869448607/

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:38 PM

And daftcrafts.net has a ton of info about marketing your handmade business on Twitter. :)

MaskedMomma
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 4:04 PM

thank you so much. how do i get people to my blog in the first place though?

lovengrace
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:48 PM

i love Vistaprint.com business resource site too

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)