• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spelling mistakes in blog, need help and advice

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:15 AM
  • 10 Replies

Hi, I have a blog in English although it's not my native language. Someone told me that it's better not write at all than to write with misspells. Do you agree with this? 
Currently I can't afford to hire someone to fix this misspells. 
I use spell checker and Google, but I guess it's not enough, the problem is that because of my poor English I can't see those mistakes.
What do you think should I do, would love to read some suggestions.
Thanks.
P.S. This is my blog, if you have a minute 
www.visart-dali.com/

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suetoo
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:27 AM

'Someone' was wrong! I commend your knowledge of a second language. I make lots of spelling errors, too. And I can only speak English! Write away happily, misspellings and all. 

Happy Blogging,

sallij
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:31 AM
I read a few of your entries, and while its pretty clear English probably isn't your first language, I didn't see snything completely atrocious. The phrasing is kind of odd and some words are not quite right.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ClayingMama
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:44 AM

They said I have really embarrassing misspells

billssweety
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:30 AM

I read your entire first page and didn't find a misspelling.  Is it more than 1 person making this comment?  If so then I might take it a little more seriously, if not I would accept the fact the is a negative Nancy and move on.  If she brings it up again I would tell you checked with others and they couldn't find what she was speaking of could she possible show you exactly where they are.

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:22 AM

I would just ignore it - if it's one person, they may just be a troll.

ClayingMama
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:44 AM

thank you

jryberg
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:10 PM

I think it is great that you are blogging! Just keep up with you are doing with spell checking and such and don't worry about what one person is saying! 

elijahsmama09
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:34 PM

If you want, I was an English major with a 4.0, and used to always help my teacher correct papers, lol. I am more than happy to point out grammar mistakes. The only thing I saw was grammar mistakes, not spelling. I think your blog is very nice. 

Can I give you my honest opinion though? I like your mistakes, as odd as that may sound. I don't find them hard to follow or scratching my head. It makes me feel like I am sitting acorss from you and listening to you talk. It adds charm and a touch of whimsy to your post. It makes it uniquely you. I wouldn't change it. 

RutterMama
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Girl, don't at all worry about it! You write beautifully!

melliburger
by Melli on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:43 PM

I think it looks nice!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)