Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

A new idea me and my sister came up with.

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:26 AM
  • 22 Replies
3 moms liked this

A memory quilt.. always can add just a few things here and there and make it grow with the child. 

by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Cute!

HeathersRich
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow, that is so neat!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjgmommy05
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Love it.  

Sandiekd21
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I am doing this for my children.
I have been squirreling their clothes away when they grow out of them (just important things or things that I REALLY liked them in) since they were babies to put on their quilts.

Dreamweaver_46
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Oh wow .that is a treasure ! I love it 

crochetmommy88
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I am totally going to be doing this too!  Absolutely love it!  My problem is I don't have a sewing machine, don't know if I want to invest in one, and actually don't know how to sew by hand either.  I know that sewing by hand is going to be much slower so investing in a sewing machine might be my best option.  But yeah, I held on to stuff from my first two and am going to be using it for the new little guy that should be born soon.  But after my third one has grown out of the stuff I really like, going to definitely see about making a quilt a lot like yours. :)

looneymom424
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Thats nice but we have been passing the clothes around from daughter to daughter.

SunnyDayz-Ahead
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this
A sewing machine is an investment worth making girl. I taught myself on how to use it. Once you get the hang of it you will love it and be crafting away! :)

Quoting crochetmommy88:

I am totally going to be doing this too!  Absolutely love it!  My problem is I don't have a sewing machine, don't know if I want to invest in one, and actually don't know how to sew by hand either.  I know that sewing by hand is going to be much slower so investing in a sewing machine might be my best option.  But yeah, I held on to stuff from my first two and am going to be using it for the new little guy that should be born soon.  But after my third one has grown out of the stuff I really like, going to definitely see about making a quilt a lot like yours. :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AriannasMommy84
by Crystal on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I've been doing this since my oldest was born. I just need to add to it now
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:57 PM

I have always loved memory quilts! They are incredibly popular and a great way to keep kids clothing for memories!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN